Marketing Integrations

Billsen
Contributor

Allow a Sales Rep to Pause, Halt, or Restart a HubSpot From a SalesForce Contact Record

First, let me state that I am not a SalesForce expert.

Now, what I am trying to do to make it drop-dead simple for any of our Sales reps to pause, halt, restart, enroll or re-enroll a specific contact into a HubSpot workflow.

I have a couple of multi-step campaigns running, but if a rep starts to engage with someone without telling me, they keep getting the cadence. Not good.

What I want is basically a "pause" or "stop" button for each campaign that a contact might be currently enrolled. I would really like it if said button showed up next to the actions listed in the activity feed.

Is there any way to do this without needing a developer?

Please share some insight if you can.

Thanks

Bill

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
louischausse
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

Allow a Sales Rep to Pause, Halt, or Restart a HubSpot From a SalesForce Contact Record

a "per workflow" approach would be tough to implement if you have a lot of workflow but something to unenroll/reenroll contact into workflow can be done quite easily.

IDEA #1

1- you create a checkbox field in SF called something like "Enrolled in workflows" you map that field to an HS property (checkbox type).

2-you create a list in HubSpot with the criteria "Enrolled in workflows is equal to no"

3- you set this list as the suppression list of the workflow in settings

*if you have a small number of WF you can do create fields for each WF like "Enroll in workflow A", "Enroll in workflow B", etc.

IDEA #2

If your reps log their activities in SF (calls, emails, meetings) and your activities are synced between SF and HS (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/salesforce/sync-activities-and-tasks-between-hubspot-and-salesforce), you could automated that workflow management thing

1- create a list with criteria to include contacts who had a least one activity with a rep (whether it is a call, email or meeting)

2- set this list as the suppression list of all your WF

That contacts who had an engagement with sales rep will be automatically unenroll from workflow (you can reenroll them after X days if they are not customers yet or whatever you like)

Don't forget to mark my reply as a solution if you are satisfied. If not, do not hesitate to ask me anything!

Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Signature
Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Meeting link
bradmin
Key Advisor

Hi, @Billsen. There is a Visualforce page in the package that you can add to your lead and contact page layouts in Salesforce. However, it will only give you the ability to enroll Salesforce records in HubSpot workflows. There's no pause functionality available - you'd need to build those delays and stops into your HubSpot automation. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Billsen 

I hope you are well! I'll tag a few of our experts that can share their thoughts with you.

Hey @bradmin @MikeCormack @louischausse  anything you would like to share with @Billsen?  

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes