Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

paigeleslie
Contributor

"The workflow is centered on a date property that has an invalid value on this record" error?

SOLVE

I'm creating a workflow that will automatically trigger a task based on a customer meeting the parameters. When I tried to create a customer that suited these parameters to test, I got the error message: "[CONTACT] would not enroll because the workflow is centered on a date property that has an invalid value on this record." What does this mean? How can I rectify this? 

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 15.16.56.pngScreenshot 2021-05-25 at 15.17.17.pngScreenshot 2021-05-25 at 15.17.55.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

"The workflow is centered on a date property that has an invalid value on this record" error?

SOLVE

Hi @paigeleslie,

The field is empy (see "Close date" right under "Deal information"), that's why HubSpot is returning an error. If there isn't a value in Close date, HubSpot can't enroll this contact since the workflow is centered around this date.

You would have to test this workflow for a contact who is actually a customer and has a value for Close date.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @paigeleslie,

The field is empy (see "Close date" right under "Deal information"), that's why HubSpot is returning an error. If there isn't a value in Close date, HubSpot can't enroll this contact since the workflow is centered around this date.

You would have to test this workflow for a contact who is actually a customer and has a value for Close date.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @paigeleslie,

Can you check on the contact record what the value of that contact is? Navigate to Menu > Contacts > Contacts. On the contact record, you should see a button in the left sidebar, View all properties. Search for "Close date" and you can see what value this contact has.

If this field is empty, that would explain the error, for example.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
paigeleslie
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Karsten! I don't seem to get this field on the contact level? This is the contact in question.

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 16.20.17.png

0 Upvotes