Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

rikmaris
Contributor

how to have an list with one contact per company

SOLVE

Hi,

Im looking for a way to create a active or static list to sent to all my companies a e-mail for christmas. 

i was starting on a list of companies with some filters. But is that what i need or do i forgot something. 

And when i have created a list of companies i want to sent an e-mail. then i need the contact e-mail adresses. But.. some companies have multipe contacts. I only want to sent them to 1 of the contacts. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @rikmaris,

Out of the box, it's not possible to build a list with just one contact per company. Your best option would be to identify this one person by filter for Job function, Seniority or Job title.

The only workaround that I can think of would be a contact-based workflow centered around a custom company number property which has the default value 0. The enrollment trigger of the workflow will only let in contacts whose associated company has the value 0 in the number property. When a contact 1 from company A enters the workflow, the custom number property increases from 0 to 1 and the contact is added to a static recipient list. If contact 2 from company A enters the workflow, the workflow would find that the custom number is already 1 and will not let the contact in – and the contact would not be added to the list.

This approach would be completely random and I would not recommend it – since you could end up with a list of the most junior contacts in a company.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
rikmaris
Contributor

SOLVE

hi @karstenkoehler 

Thanks again for you more than good answer. I will work with you solutions. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @rikmaris,

Out of the box, it's not possible to build a list with just one contact per company. Your best option would be to identify this one person by filter for Job function, Seniority or Job title.

The only workaround that I can think of would be a contact-based workflow centered around a custom company number property which has the default value 0. The enrollment trigger of the workflow will only let in contacts whose associated company has the value 0 in the number property. When a contact 1 from company A enters the workflow, the custom number property increases from 0 to 1 and the contact is added to a static recipient list. If contact 2 from company A enters the workflow, the workflow would find that the custom number is already 1 and will not let the contact in – and the contact would not be added to the list.

This approach would be completely random and I would not recommend it – since you could end up with a list of the most junior contacts in a company.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @rikmaris,

An active or static contact list would be the right approach, yes. (Email marketing in HubSpot is contact-based, you can't send emails to a list of companies records.)

Do you want to send a list to all of your contacts? Then your active list filter could be as broad as Email is known.

For an email to some contacts only, you'd filter by what those contacts have in common, see here. This could be by Job title, Postal code, Company size... Of course, you can only filter for those properties which have values (populated by forms, imports, bulk edits etc.)

Don't forget to suppress contacts who shouldn't receive your email, for example contacts who have not engaged with your emails for a long time (Sends since last engagement), speak another language (Preferred language) or have set specific communication preferences (depends on how you've set up your portal).

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

rikmaris
Contributor

SOLVE

HI @karstenkoehler , 

thanks for your answer, i will work on it. 

But.. how do i filter on only one contact per company? i can find a way to do this.

0 Upvotes
AKhan34

SOLVE

Ialso want this how can i do this

@rikmaris @karstenkoehler 

0 Upvotes