Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

LarsBentzen

error when updating company - will not accept domain name ending with "/text"

SOLVE

Working on real estate companies. Many of these are individual companies (franchise takers) working under same brand. I.e. www.realestate.com as parent /umbrella and then www.realestate.com/store1 and www.realestate.com/store2 as child companies.

But - when entering the “/StoreX” part to company domain name, I get an error.

How can I create these?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

The issue you are having is that /store1 and /store2 are not domains. They are simply folders under realestate.com. If you want them to be separate domains, you would either have to:

1. Make a TLD for them such as realestatestore1.com or realestatestore2.com

2. Make a Subdomain of your current TLD for those sites: ie: store1.realestate.com & store2.realestate.com

Regardless of which method you choose, you should be able to point the domain or subdomain to the folder so you shouldn't have to move anything around. However, if you are using Hubspot CMS, you may have to check with their support as typically I work with hosts outside of Hubspot.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

@Ben_M is correct.

- see Recommendations for creating company branches or locations in HubSpot

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

The issue you are having is that /store1 and /store2 are not domains. They are simply folders under realestate.com. If you want them to be separate domains, you would either have to:

1. Make a TLD for them such as realestatestore1.com or realestatestore2.com

2. Make a Subdomain of your current TLD for those sites: ie: store1.realestate.com & store2.realestate.com

Regardless of which method you choose, you should be able to point the domain or subdomain to the folder so you shouldn't have to move anything around. However, if you are using Hubspot CMS, you may have to check with their support as typically I work with hosts outside of Hubspot.