Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

MikeCormack
Top Contributor

dynamic list reduction

SOLVE

Currently we send a number of emails to a contact list in a campaign, and at each stage we have a new list that excludes people who interacted with the last list,

I am wondering if there is a better way to do this that doesn't involve setting up a new list each time

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

dynamic list reduction

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting the solution

Q: I am wondering if there is a better way send a number of emails to a contact list in a campaign, and at each stage exclude people who interacted with the last SEND?

Short A: Sure. Smart lists are a perfect solution @MikeCormack

Longer A:

The example list and workflow criteria below use lead scores, but you can easily adapt the concept to your needs around email sends, opens, clicks instead.

-1- Build smart lists using whatever criteria you like (based on specific stages of your campaign)

(see image)

hubspot-marketing-lead-scoring-smart-lists.png

-2- Use one of your smart lists to enroll your contacts in your workflow.

(see image)

mfjlabs-hubspot-Topic-A-Interest-Scoring.png

-3- If/Then branch to INCLUDE who should continue to receive the next send in the campaign -- i.e., 'unengaged contacts'.

(basically this means future send actions happen on the YES branch)

Using this method you'll always be able to quickly tell who is and who isn't engaged in your campaign by looking at either the smart list contacts, the workflow numbers, or both! 

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this 'solution'.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

dynamic list reduction

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting the solution

Q: I am wondering if there is a better way send a number of emails to a contact list in a campaign, and at each stage exclude people who interacted with the last SEND?

Short A: Sure. Smart lists are a perfect solution @MikeCormack

Longer A:

The example list and workflow criteria below use lead scores, but you can easily adapt the concept to your needs around email sends, opens, clicks instead.

-1- Build smart lists using whatever criteria you like (based on specific stages of your campaign)

(see image)

hubspot-marketing-lead-scoring-smart-lists.png

-2- Use one of your smart lists to enroll your contacts in your workflow.

(see image)

mfjlabs-hubspot-Topic-A-Interest-Scoring.png

-3- If/Then branch to INCLUDE who should continue to receive the next send in the campaign -- i.e., 'unengaged contacts'.

(basically this means future send actions happen on the YES branch)

Using this method you'll always be able to quickly tell who is and who isn't engaged in your campaign by looking at either the smart list contacts, the workflow numbers, or both! 

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this 'solution'.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

dynamic list reduction

SOLVE

Hi @MikeCormack,

This would depend on how you are defining interaction.

You could use a workflow if A) it's a marketing email and B) you are defining interaction as an open and/or click.

Alternatively you could enroll them in a sequence, however this sounds as though it's more of a marketing based email vs. a one-on-one sales email.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
MikeCormack
Top Contributor

dynamic list reduction

SOLVE

Hi Josh thanks for asnwering,

It will work, I was just trying to think of something less repetitive,

you see we send five or ten emails a week, to different languages, and each of them is a part of one of these campaigns.

0 Upvotes