Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

BradleyN1
Participant

Zapier: new booking - add to list

Hi,

I have a query below; I'm new to HubSpot, I'm just using the trial to figure things out. I've also discovered Zapier, which is interesting!

As for the query: I'm looking into a booking system and currently using a trial for Simplybook which is a booking platform. I've set up Zapier to add new/update contacts based on a new booking but I also want to assign that contact to a specific list, based on the type of booking.

In the first instance while I explore, I have just created an action on Zapier for 'only continue if...' and then set up some conditions with the 'add to list' action following this condition (if it matches). 

Am I going about this wrong, is there a better way here as I cannot imagine having to do this for each type of booking and list or maybe that is the case!?

Hope I've explained it well enough.
Thanks 😊

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
BradleyN1
Participant

@lynton Thanks and sorry; I meant if the individual engages in more bookings for different things in the future, not necessarily this one. Would those just overwrite the booking in the new custom field you suggested that I create?

Apologies for my lack of understanding, pretty new to this!

Thanks

0 Upvotes
lynton
Contributor | Elite Partner

Yes your Zapier integration would overwrite the same fields on future bookings. Then it would trigger new workflow enrollments/list memberships.

BradleyN1
Participant

Thank you @TiphaineCuisset  🙂

Thanks for your support @lynton, I actually started thinking along those lines yesterday after posting this; although, I was thinking where would that sit in HubSpot, would I send it to a note, meeting or something? so that the list can pick up that data?

lynton

I recommend making custom contact properties. Then map the booking record in Zapier to the contact fields. Once all the data is on the contact record, it is easy to make lists and workflows in HubSpot based on the values. 

BradleyN1
Participant

@lynton Just a query on this response, will this only be appropriate if it's used in one instance? What would happen when I have further bookings down the line?

0 Upvotes
lynton

You can make workflows that re-enroll when there are new bookings in the future. Zapier will update the contact properties, which can then trigger a new workflow or list enrollment.

lynton

@BradleyN1 Can you make a smart list in HubSpot instead? If you can sync the booking type field to the HubSpot Contact, then you can set your list conditions in HubSpot instead of managing the extra If/then branches in Zapier.

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @BradleyN1 

Thank you for reaching out!

I'll tag some of our experts on this - @Phil_Vallender @lynton @MatthewShepherd @zaklein do you have any suggestions for @BradleyN1 on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !