Workflows without email automation = useless

Tumbleweed
Contributor

I am getting less happy as I can't find any intelligent example, for how to use workflows, that does not have email automation and that is only accessible when having marketing professional which is out of reach for me as a one-man company. Everything with workflows turns into a dead end.

I never had this feeling with Hubspot before, I am a great fan, but this takes away my enthusiasm.

I have created several inbound campaigns. Sorted everything so I have a good overview and come in complete control of my website and it feels like workflow is my next step.

My interest in exploring workflows has gone down to zero as I constantly come to the note "need to have professional...".

Anyone who feels the same or have I missed anything?

4 Replies 4
shearn
Key Advisor

Unfortunately, you're not the only one.

As HubSpot expands and becomes more complex, so does their pricing. I've been a HubSpot user for over 5 years and I've seen how the products have changed and the pricing increases that have come along with it. 

Workflows were predominately used for emails when it was introduced. They've since added additional uses, which make the tool more powerful, but at the end of the day, the ability to automate emails based on contact interactions remains the primary function...And in order to do that, you need to pay a fair amount.

While I'm an advocate for HubSpot and chose it over any other marketing software, I do believe the amount you have to pay for the features that make the product what it is and what it's known for, is a little high and out of reach for many SMEs and mom-and-pop shops. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Q: Workflows without email automation = useless

I can't find any intelligent example, for how to use workflows, that does not have email automation and that is only accessible when having marketing professional which is out of reach for me as a one-man company. Everything with workflows turns into a dead end.

Short A: Shake it off Tumbleweed. Take a knee.

Longer A: Once you free yourself from thinking of HubSpot as 'free', you'll begin to see the endless posibilities. Think, "how can this tool help me without sending sending free automated marketing emails?"

Free workflows can be used to ...

-1- Update the Lead Status of leads captured by the free Lead Flows tool. This is particularly helpful when trying to manage multiple Lead Flows for different offerings that require different priorities (e.g., f/u immediately vs f/u tomorrow).

-2- Change the Lifecycle Stage of leads who book meetings with you using the free Meetings Booking tool.

-3- Auto-build Tasks to remind you to do things when contacts subscribe &/or book meetings. Personally, we use this one to remind us to prepare for initial meetings with prospects.

-4- Copy Company Property field values to Contact Property field values. Personally, we use this one to copy the prospect's company website URL into the Contact record so it appears uniformly with all the other Contact Property field values in preview mode w/o having to scroll to the company info.

-5- Reset Contact Property values and Company Property values en masse.

-6- Trigger Webhooks

Finally, in HubSpot Sales Pro you have the ability to add individual contacts to email sequences. IMHO this is as automated as you should be getting with SALES emails. And if you think about it that's precisely what HubSpot free CRM is ... a sales tool.

At the end of any day of the week how realistic is it to expect free advanced marketing functionality from any worldclass top-tier marketing solution? Just sayin. 😉

Hope that helps.

-ps

If you still just gotta, gotta, gotta send automated emails en masse to leads captured by HubSpot you can always hook Lead Flows to MailChimp Workflow Automation. Problem solved. (only recommended in certain use cases)

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDid my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

Note: The date of each post here is increasingly important as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

-- Visit

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

HubSpot's Hiring World-Wide!

0 Upvotes
tristadeleon

So, I have to upgrade to enterprise version just to say 'create a task if I haven't talked to this person in 15 days' ... that's crazy. Other CRM's do it for way less.. why isn't this available for free?

0 Upvotes
Rajiv
Participant

Agree with you. We purchased Sales Professional as it contained 'Sales Automation' feature. What does automation mean if email sending is disabled in workflows? We simply want to automate a sequence of 2-3 emails to new leads and that should not require an INSANELY expensive marketing plan.

The logic beats me. Anyways Hubspot is restricting emails to 5x contacts in our plan and charges for extra contacts so why this restriction and force customers to quit.

0 Upvotes