Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Sebastian1
Miembro

Workflows end automatically

resolver

Hi Community,

is it possible to let workflows end automatically at a given date?

If not, the only way is to turn workflows manually inactive?

3 Soluciones aceptadas
Phil_Vallender
Solución
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @Sebastian1

You can't configure a workflow to turn off automatically. 

However, you can use date properties to prevent enrollment after a specified date. 

For example, when preparing new lead nurturing workflows, but I want contacts in old ones to complete the workflow, I add an enrollment criteria like 'create date is before X' to stop new contacts going in. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

MFrankJohnson
Solución
Líder intelectual

resolver

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

Q: Is it possible to [force] workflows end automatically at a given date? If not, the only way is to turn workflows manually inactive??

Short A: No. However, ...

Longer A:

As Phil pointed out, you can't force workflows to 'turn off' automatically. And you can certainly use date-related enrollment criteria.

You may also use a Date Centered Workflow and set all actions to occur BEFORE the target date. This will not make your workflow 'inactive' on the target date, but it will effectively disable any future actions from occuring after that point in time.

Finally, at the end of your workflow(s), you may always tell it/them to auto-create a task reminding you, "Hey, I'm done ... turn me off!" 🙂

Just a thought.

Always happy to help. Reach out anytime if we can be of assistance with HubSpot.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @Sebastian1,

Good news! There is now a beta for this:

Workflows

Setting to automatically turn off a workflow

Mar 13, 2024

What is it?

Workflows now have a setting that lets you set a date for your workflow to turn off automatically, bringing more control and peace of mind to your automated processes.

Why does it matter?

Workflows are intended to take manual tasks off your plate. But many automation users find themselves setting up reminders to manually go back into HubSpot on a day in the future to turn off a workflow that should only run for a specific period of time, like during a promotion. Turning unneeded workflows off when they're no longer useful ensures that unwanted updates or communications don't occur. We've now implemented a setting that can do this for you automatically, removing the need for that extra monitoring and manual effort.

How does it work?

In workflow settings, you'll see a new option to set a date and time at which a workflow should automatically turn off.

Who gets it?

Marketing Pro, Marketing Enterprise, Ops Pro, Ops Enterprise, Sales Pro, Sales Enterprise, Service Starter, Service Pro, Service Enterprise

Learn More:

Learn more on the Knowledge Base

You can access this beta here:

karstenkoehler_0-1710393675226.png

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Me gusta
4 Respuestas 4
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @Sebastian1,

Good news! There is now a beta for this:

Workflows

Setting to automatically turn off a workflow

Mar 13, 2024

What is it?

Workflows now have a setting that lets you set a date for your workflow to turn off automatically, bringing more control and peace of mind to your automated processes.

Why does it matter?

Workflows are intended to take manual tasks off your plate. But many automation users find themselves setting up reminders to manually go back into HubSpot on a day in the future to turn off a workflow that should only run for a specific period of time, like during a promotion. Turning unneeded workflows off when they're no longer useful ensures that unwanted updates or communications don't occur. We've now implemented a setting that can do this for you automatically, removing the need for that extra monitoring and manual effort.

How does it work?

In workflow settings, you'll see a new option to set a date and time at which a workflow should automatically turn off.

Who gets it?

Marketing Pro, Marketing Enterprise, Ops Pro, Ops Enterprise, Sales Pro, Sales Enterprise, Service Starter, Service Pro, Service Enterprise

Learn More:

Learn more on the Knowledge Base

You can access this beta here:

karstenkoehler_0-1710393675226.png

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Me gusta
MFrankJohnson
Solución
Líder intelectual

resolver

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

Q: Is it possible to [force] workflows end automatically at a given date? If not, the only way is to turn workflows manually inactive??

Short A: No. However, ...

Longer A:

As Phil pointed out, you can't force workflows to 'turn off' automatically. And you can certainly use date-related enrollment criteria.

You may also use a Date Centered Workflow and set all actions to occur BEFORE the target date. This will not make your workflow 'inactive' on the target date, but it will effectively disable any future actions from occuring after that point in time.

Finally, at the end of your workflow(s), you may always tell it/them to auto-create a task reminding you, "Hey, I'm done ... turn me off!" 🙂

Just a thought.

Always happy to help. Reach out anytime if we can be of assistance with HubSpot.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
Phil_Vallender
Solución

resolver

Hi @Sebastian1

You can't configure a workflow to turn off automatically. 

However, you can use date properties to prevent enrollment after a specified date. 

For example, when preparing new lead nurturing workflows, but I want contacts in old ones to complete the workflow, I add an enrollment criteria like 'create date is before X' to stop new contacts going in. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
ahenry
Miembro

resolver

It is good to know about this workaround, but it is a workaround to turning the campaign off. Would be ideal for HubSpot to add just the general feature that allows you to set a date for a workflow to end.