Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

lseppenwoolde
Participant

Workflow with

SOLVE

Hi, I'm currently working on a workflow, but I need some help.

Customers can fill in one or more options on a form on our website. I want to connect each option to an email and other tasks in one workflow. For example: when they choose two options, they need to receive two emails. But when they choose four options, they need to receive four emails.

How can I build this into a workflow?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Workflow with

SOLVE

Hi @lseppenwoolde,

The solution seems a bit dumb: You would create one workflow for each option.

Let's say you have a property with options A, B, C, and D.

Workflow 1: Enroll contacts when form was submitted and property value is A, then send email for A.

Workflow 2: Enroll contacts when form was submitted and property value is B, then send email for B.

Workflow 3: Enroll contacts when form was submitted and property value is C, then send email for C.

Workflow 4: Enroll contacts when form was submitted and property value is D, then send email for D.

Why four separate workflows? Each workflow will only "pay attention" to one property value and send an email, regardless of the other workflows. That exactly what you want.

When a contact selects option A and C, they would enroll in workflow 1 and 3 and receive emails for A and C.

If you decided to go with if/then-branches, you'd have to set up branches for a lot of different combinations (AB, AC, AD, BC, BD, CD) – much more room for error, in my opinion.

Let me know if you need further assistance in creating these workflows.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Workflow with

SOLVE

Hi @lseppenwoolde,

The solution seems a bit dumb: You would create one workflow for each option.

Let's say you have a property with options A, B, C, and D.

Workflow 1: Enroll contacts when form was submitted and property value is A, then send email for A.

Workflow 2: Enroll contacts when form was submitted and property value is B, then send email for B.

Workflow 3: Enroll contacts when form was submitted and property value is C, then send email for C.

Workflow 4: Enroll contacts when form was submitted and property value is D, then send email for D.

Why four separate workflows? Each workflow will only "pay attention" to one property value and send an email, regardless of the other workflows. That exactly what you want.

When a contact selects option A and C, they would enroll in workflow 1 and 3 and receive emails for A and C.

If you decided to go with if/then-branches, you'd have to set up branches for a lot of different combinations (AB, AC, AD, BC, BD, CD) – much more room for error, in my opinion.

Let me know if you need further assistance in creating these workflows.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Workflow with

SOLVE

Hi @lseppenwoolde 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Dan1 @rikkilear @Mike_Eastwood do you have any advice for @lseppenwoolde on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes