Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

lcominotto
Participant

Workflow when New Contact is Created

SOLVE

How can I trigger a workflow when a new contact is created? I can only seem to find a way to use specific create dates.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
danie_poolman
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @lcominotto ,

To trigger a workflow whenever a new contact has been created you can create a contact based workflow> select start from scratch and select the contact property "Create Date" is "known".

This will ensure that any contact that has a create date that is "known" (all of them will have this) will be enrolled. You can then create the desired actions within this workflow.

Hope that helps!

Danie

Danie Poolman

Customer Success Manager UK/I

Customer Success | HubSpot

dpoolman@hubspot.com
www.hubspot.com
Two Dockland Central, Guild St, Dublin
linkedin
Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
danie_poolman
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @lcominotto ,

To trigger a workflow whenever a new contact has been created you can create a contact based workflow> select start from scratch and select the contact property "Create Date" is "known".

This will ensure that any contact that has a create date that is "known" (all of them will have this) will be enrolled. You can then create the desired actions within this workflow.

Hope that helps!

Danie

Danie Poolman

Customer Success Manager UK/I

Customer Success | HubSpot

dpoolman@hubspot.com
www.hubspot.com
Two Dockland Central, Guild St, Dublin
linkedin
Create Your Own Free Signature
LAMIEL

SOLVE

Hi Daniel, 

how to limitate the trigger only to the new contact created ( and not to all teh contacts created)

Thanks

laurent AMIEL, Hubspot Customer, Radwin

0 Upvotes
MrGhara

SOLVE

Hi Laurant,
hope you've got your answer, If not here is what I suggest:
Set all the things in your workflow properly and then when you want to switch it on there is an option that you can use to enroll just new contacts after turning the workflow on , I'm attaching the image so you could find it easier. (the first option)
Regards, 
Mr.GharaScreenshot 2022-03-09 142247.png

0 Upvotes
LAMIEL

SOLVE

Hi Danie,

if i want to trigger a workflow ONLY on contact creation time, but not all the contacts with Created Date is Known , what can i do ?

Thanks in advance,

laurent Amiel, Radwin

RDC1
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Lamiel,

Did you figure out how to do this. I also want to create workflows that run only when a contact is first created.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
RDC1
Participant

SOLVE

Lamiel - actually looks like by default enrollment in a workflow only happens the first time the requirements are met. If you want to re-enroll you have to explicitly use a re-enrollment trigger. These docs explain it, https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/add-re-enrollment-triggers-to-a-workflow 

0 Upvotes
lcominotto
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you! And then I just won't enroll those who currently meet the criteria. That definitely helps.

0 Upvotes