Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

GHunt5
Participant

Workflow updating salesforce campaign status

I have a workflow that sets salesforce campaign and status to set.  I have another workflow that is looking for angagement (link click and form fill) and updating the camapign status to responded. 

I want to run the people back through the original workflow but I do not want their campaign status to change from responded back to sent.  Is that possible?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
CAnderson716
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

Hi @GHunt5, I am curious as to why you want to run the people back through the original workflow? If the contacts already went through the workflow the first time and then the engaged contacts already had their Salesforce campaign status updated to responded, then you should be all set.

If there is a different action that you need to happen from the first workflow, other than the campaign assignment, then I would remove the "Set Salesforce campaign and status" from the first workflow to not have the responded statuses overwritten.

The other option that you could do is to use the contact properties, Campaign ID and Campaign Member Status, in your first workflow trigger to filter out any Contacts that match the campaign ID and with a responded status, so that they do not get re-entered into the first workflow and have their status overwritten.

GHunt5
Participant

The reason they are going back through the workflow is we updated the
emails in the workflow and are going to send to the same list again. I
could clone the workflow and remove the set campaign step as you
suggested. The issue is we are going to be using the original list and
adding to it weekly so I do need the new people to have their campaign set.

I do not see campaign member status as a filter for list building or
workflow trigger. Do you know what heading it would be under when adding
it as a trigger?
0 Upvotes