Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

CKasnett
Participant

Workflow trigger for whena field is updated twice in last 30 days

SOLVE

I am trying to create a trigger for an instance when a spcific date field is updated twice in the last 30 days.

what would be the logic to do this?

The "updated in last" criteria doesnt solve for only triggering if the fied was updated twice.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CKasnett,

Nice brain teaser! This is how I'd approach it. Bear with me.

You need a property that counts (which I creatively named Counter), a property that keeps track of when your date property was last updated (in my case Last changed date) and a result property, here Updated within last 30 days. This last property is the one that you can then use to enroll the record in another workflow.

The workflow below (re-)enrolls contacts when the Date property is known. HubSpot interprets "is known" also as "has changed".

The workflow then counts up by 1 and checks: Does this contact have a Last changed date within the last 30 days and has it come by here more than once? If not, nothing happens, except for the workflow noting the date. If however this has happened before, the property Updated twice within 30 days is given a positive value (and the date is also stamped).

The workflow then waits for 10 minutes (enough time for any other workflow to enroll a record based on the "Yes" value in Updated twice within 30 days) before it clears the property again. After all, the contact might come around for a third, fourth, fifth time.

Disclaimer: I haven't tested this. You should. Testing this is however almost risk-free since you're working with entirely new custom properties.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Unnamed workflow - Tue Jul 20 2021 16_30_46 GMT+0200 (1).png

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
CKasnett
Participant

SOLVE

Karsten,

Thank you! I have implemented your solution and am going to run some tests. 

Ill keep you posted if it works!

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CKasnett,

Nice brain teaser! This is how I'd approach it. Bear with me.

You need a property that counts (which I creatively named Counter), a property that keeps track of when your date property was last updated (in my case Last changed date) and a result property, here Updated within last 30 days. This last property is the one that you can then use to enroll the record in another workflow.

The workflow below (re-)enrolls contacts when the Date property is known. HubSpot interprets "is known" also as "has changed".

The workflow then counts up by 1 and checks: Does this contact have a Last changed date within the last 30 days and has it come by here more than once? If not, nothing happens, except for the workflow noting the date. If however this has happened before, the property Updated twice within 30 days is given a positive value (and the date is also stamped).

The workflow then waits for 10 minutes (enough time for any other workflow to enroll a record based on the "Yes" value in Updated twice within 30 days) before it clears the property again. After all, the contact might come around for a third, fourth, fifth time.

Disclaimer: I haven't tested this. You should. Testing this is however almost risk-free since you're working with entirely new custom properties.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Unnamed workflow - Tue Jul 20 2021 16_30_46 GMT+0200 (1).png

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.