Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

khart1
Participant

Workflow to update Salesforce Campaign Status Based on Marketing Email Activity

SOLVE

Hi! I would like to create a workflow that will update my salesforce campaign based on activity on a marketing email. For example, if a recipient clicks a link I would like the campaign status to be updated accordingly. Same for a bounce, unsubscribe, mark as spam, etc.  My #1 challenge is that I don't know how to re-enroll recipients if their status changes over time. I understand how to create the basic workflow which would document clicks or bounces after the email is sent but what is someone click a link the next day or two days later, etc. My #2 challenge is to maintain a hierarchy of activities. For example, if someone clicks on day 1 and then just opens on day two, I want the status to remain as clicked, as opposed to reverting back to opened. 

Any suggestions?

1 Accepted solution
Aakar
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Thanks, @TiphaineCuisset 

Hi @khart1 

HubSpot does not allow to re-enroll contacts in the workflows based on the marketing email activity. So it's quite challenging to update the status. If you could set up the workflow, I'd suggest putting a delay of 6 hrs, 1 day, 2 day, 3 day, etc. after you send a first email. And then use the if/then branch logic to check whether someone has opened an email, clicked an email, and so on. 

If they have opened the email, set the SFDC campaign status to Open. And then use "Go to Action" and enroll that contact in another branch. After that set another delay and repeat the process. 

I'm not sure whether this method works, but I'd try it out something like this.

hubspot-flow.png

You can easily create multiple campaign status in Salesforce. 

Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

HI @khart1 

Thanks for reaching out. 

With Workflows in HubSpot regarding Salesforce at the moment it is only possible to set a Salesforce campaign or Set a Salesforce Task. This is not possible at this stage to re-enroll contacts based on marketing email activities. 

I also want to tag other thought leaders on the matter - @Aakar @bradmin are there any thoughts you can share with @khart1 on best practices to update Salesforce Campaigns with workflows? 

Thank you, 

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Aakar
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Thanks, @TiphaineCuisset 

Hi @khart1 

HubSpot does not allow to re-enroll contacts in the workflows based on the marketing email activity. So it's quite challenging to update the status. If you could set up the workflow, I'd suggest putting a delay of 6 hrs, 1 day, 2 day, 3 day, etc. after you send a first email. And then use the if/then branch logic to check whether someone has opened an email, clicked an email, and so on. 

If they have opened the email, set the SFDC campaign status to Open. And then use "Go to Action" and enroll that contact in another branch. After that set another delay and repeat the process. 

I'm not sure whether this method works, but I'd try it out something like this.

hubspot-flow.png

You can easily create multiple campaign status in Salesforce. 

Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost
khart1
Participant

SOLVE

Does anyone have suggestions? Please help! No responses yet. 😞 

0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @khart1,

Thanks for reaching out.
I want to tag in some thought leaders to see if they can assist with this.
Hi @StefaniUAT @daviddoughty , would you be able to share your thoughts with @khart1?

Thanks,
Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !