Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

isarig
Membro

Workflow to route leads based on external list of companies?

resolver

I have a wrokflow to handle incoming leads, which should route the leads to differnt SDRs based on the company the leads comes from.

Most leads should go to one team of SDRs, but if a lead is from one of ~500 named companies, it should to a differnt route. I have the list of 500 companies in a spreahdeet - is there a way to easily refernce this external list from the workfow, or must I manually import the names of the companies and replicate them in the workflow?

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
ConnorSlivensky
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque | Parceiro Elite

resolver

HubSpot needs some way to segment the companies and start the workflow so your solution is really dependant on where this list is and how often it changes. Do you know the accounts you're targeting from the get go or will someone need to look at each lead to determine or is there a collection of properties you could use? (companies in x industry with y number of employees)

If the list is already defined and won't need to expand much you could make a list of the companies (again an import could do this quickly) and then check the list as workflow enrollment critera. If you are only adding a couple companies a month after creation that may be the best. 

Otherwise I think you're running into a problem of not having ways to segment,either by account or by properties that HubSpot can auto-filter for. 

Unless @MFrankJohnson can think of something.

Exibir solução no post original

7 Respostas 7
RBozeman
Participante

resolver

Hi @isarig,

I think you could do this in theory in a Workflow...or maybe many workflows? But it would be a lot to maintain and put together to start. 

Just wanted to share that Insycle would be able to help here. Full disclosure, I work for Insycle. But we recently launched new lead routing features. With Insycle, you can filter/segment records for assignment using any field in your database. So you could create an Insycle template for the companies that you would like to assign based on. 

Other features include:

• Rep availability for working days and vacation days
  • Assignment balancing - Balanced assignments equally, or even based on time frames (such as balancing quarterly assignments). 
  • Workflow integration so assignments can take place immediately after records are created. 

Hope that helps!

Ryan

0 Avaliação positiva
MStaAna
Membro

resolver

MStaAna_0-1628544819523.png

I understand what you’re trying to do. Of course, a more experienced team of SDRs should handle bigger companies. I suggest using Chili Piper . With its lead routing platform, you can set multiple routing rules and distribute your leads through company size, geographic location, industry, and even sales rep availability. This way, you can match each lead to the right sales representative.

Please let me know if this works out for you!

0 Avaliação positiva
ConnorSlivensky

resolver

You could import them in an excel sheet. If you create a custom y/n property beforehand to flag those ~500 you could just add a col. to your spreadsheet with that properties header and fill yes in all the way down it would apply that yes property on import (just make sure you follow the wizard and your sheet is formatted/matched up correctly) Once they all have the property you should be able to use that flag property to do a check and segment them instead of enumerating all 500 company names in a workflow. 

If you have any questions let me know. If this helped make sure to mark the thread as solved so others can find it. 

0 Avaliação positiva
isarig
Membro

resolver

I shoudl have clarified: Thsi is not a one-time import of a list, but a workflow that needs to handle leads as they come in, from various campiagns, from now and into the future. If the lead comes from a company on the lsit, they should be handled differntly.

0 Avaliação positiva
ConnorSlivensky
Solução

resolver

HubSpot needs some way to segment the companies and start the workflow so your solution is really dependant on where this list is and how often it changes. Do you know the accounts you're targeting from the get go or will someone need to look at each lead to determine or is there a collection of properties you could use? (companies in x industry with y number of employees)

If the list is already defined and won't need to expand much you could make a list of the companies (again an import could do this quickly) and then check the list as workflow enrollment critera. If you are only adding a couple companies a month after creation that may be the best. 

Otherwise I think you're running into a problem of not having ways to segment,either by account or by properties that HubSpot can auto-filter for. 

Unless @MFrankJohnson can think of something.

Agités
Participante

resolver

companies in x industry with y number of employees)

companies and start the workflow so your solution is really dependant on where this list is and how often it changes.

Otherwise I think you're running into a problem of not having ways to segment,either by account or by properties

0 Avaliação positiva
MFrankJohnson
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

Thanks for the tag @ConnorSlivensky  (slow to respond these days).

To handle the bulk of your new leads, maybe consider turning on the 'Sync ownership between contacts and companies' setting in HubSpot.

Once done, either modify workflow enrollment criteria to exclude new leads for whom an associated company with an existing owner is known &/or add a 1-2 minute delay to the beginning of any lead rotation workflows. This will have the affect of allowing the sync to occur BEFORE the lead rotation workflow action fires.

Remaining leads -- i.e., those whose email domain do not match an existing company and therefore do not auto-associate, will need special handling or need to be handled manually.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Avaliação positiva