Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

ARavera
Participant

Workflow to populate company name

SOLVE

Hi everyone!

I'm searching for some advice on how to accomplish the following:

I have a Linkedin campaign with a form that sends the information directly to hubspot. The thing is, the "company name" field is populated in a different field that the standad for hubspot. Is there a way to create a workflow where I say:

- Grab the information form this field (the company field form linkedin) and populate the same value into this other field (the Hubspot's traditional company field), when that field is empty.

Thank you, I hoped I explained myself correctly!

Alexia

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
ThinkLighthouse
Solution
Participant | Gold Partner

SOLVE

@ARavera Yep, sounds pretty clear.

Go to Automation > Workflows and create a new one - From Scratch.

Select 'Contact Based' in the left hand side and the 'Blank Workflow' radio button.

In the trigger select 'Contact Properties' and search for the property populated by Linkedin.

Select the property and set the trigger as 'Is Known' 

Click the plus icon to add a new step in the workflow.

In the side panel scroll down to find 'Copy Property Value'

Select it and then select 'Contact In this Workflow' followed by the 'Value to copy drop down'

Search for the LinkedIn property and select it.

Then select the 'Target Object' as Contact and search for the target property in the drop down below

Click save and that's the nuts and bolts of the workflow - ready for you to review and turn on.

You can do the same to update the corresponding company property if required.

Any help?

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ARavera,

Before setting up a workflow, I'd recommend reviewing this resource on LinkedIn Lead Gen Form field mappings. You might be able to resolve this quickly without a workflow: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/ads/lead-ads-field-mappings-to-hubspot#default-linkedin-lead-gen-form-...

If you can't fix the issue that way, a contact-based workflow would look like this:

karstenkoehler_0-1665463919891.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
ARavera
Participant

SOLVE

Excellent! Very helpful solutions, thank you so much!

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ARavera,

Before setting up a workflow, I'd recommend reviewing this resource on LinkedIn Lead Gen Form field mappings. You might be able to resolve this quickly without a workflow: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/ads/lead-ads-field-mappings-to-hubspot#default-linkedin-lead-gen-form-...

If you can't fix the issue that way, a contact-based workflow would look like this:

karstenkoehler_0-1665463919891.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ThinkLighthouse
Solution

SOLVE

@ARavera Yep, sounds pretty clear.

Go to Automation > Workflows and create a new one - From Scratch.

Select 'Contact Based' in the left hand side and the 'Blank Workflow' radio button.

In the trigger select 'Contact Properties' and search for the property populated by Linkedin.

Select the property and set the trigger as 'Is Known' 

Click the plus icon to add a new step in the workflow.

In the side panel scroll down to find 'Copy Property Value'

Select it and then select 'Contact In this Workflow' followed by the 'Value to copy drop down'

Search for the LinkedIn property and select it.

Then select the 'Target Object' as Contact and search for the target property in the drop down below

Click save and that's the nuts and bolts of the workflow - ready for you to review and turn on.

You can do the same to update the corresponding company property if required.

Any help?