Workflow to add new values to a multi-line field instead of overwriting former values

Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I wanted to create a workflow that adds an new entry to a multi-line property. Unfortunately it seems that I can just overwrite/replace former entries in a property field instead of adding a new value to it.

The challenge:

With the integration of GTW to HubSpot I thought there would be an easy way to add the name of the webinar for all contacts that attended a webinar in a multi-line property "Webinar attended". I tried by creating a list and than checking all contacts in that list and changing the property "Webinar attended" in bluk. Unfortunately that replaced/overwritten all former entries in that field instead of adding the recently attended webinar to the property.

Support told me that the only way is exporting data form the GTW and importing into HubSpot. Even creating a workflow does not work.

Whould be great to be able to create workflows that add a new entry to a multi-line property instead of overwriting it.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Hey @Holger_Z, unfortunately there isn't a way to do this within a "Multi-line text" field, you could alternatively created a "Multiple Checkbox" field and add new webinars to that via the property settings so you can do your workflow where it appends.  But if I recally the GTW integration adds a few filters to lists and filters already.  

You should be able to go to a list and add a "GoToWebinar webinar" has attended "XYZ".  Let me know if that helps!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks!

Is it possible to transform a multi-line text property into a multi-check-box property or do I need to set up the multi-check-box property from scratch?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Sure thing @Holger_Z !  You'll need to create this from scratch, unfortunately.

0 Upvotes