Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

gia_AD
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

Workflow test: "Previously unsubscribed from all subscription types"

Hello, 

I'm setting up a simple workflow that would email contacts in a specific list. 

workflow actions.PNG

Everything worked fine when I tested a few days ago, but when I tested again today before turning it on, it keeps showing me this error message for every contact I put in (for test purpose): 

"An error occurred while sending XXX Campaign: Previously unsubscribed from all subscription types"

workflow test.PNG

Other things I've tried - 

- used one of my own email addresses which I never unsubscribed from anything, and still got the same message. 

temporarily removed all the contacts from the list except my own email address and turned on the workflow. When I did this, I actually received the email even though it was the same address that I was told earlier that it was unsubscribed.  

Is this a temporary issue or am I missing something here?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Workflow test: "Previously unsubscribed from all subscription types"

Hi @gia_AD 

Thank you for reaching out!

I'm wondering if that would be because the GDPR tools have been activated in your account. You can see that by clicking on Settings > Account Defaults 

With GDPR on, if you attempt to email a contact who does not have a subscription type set, and is also not unsubscribed, the email will not go to them. It will say "no subscription type." The contact will either need to manually subscribe themselves or you will need to manually subscribe them. You can follow these instructions to manually subscribe them.

If this is not the case, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about each matter you mentioned here.

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes