Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

WarrPenn
Participant

Workflow stopped in the middle due to time settings and doesn't appear to have restarted.

SOLVE

I set the time for emails to send from 9am-5pm so that people think it's actually from me and not a computer-generated program.  So...there were about 5k emails in my campaign, i launched the workflow at 4:45pm and ~3k were sent. It looks as of the rest are "scheduled to send" but nothing happened this morning. I've been waiting now for 90 minutes past the time they should've started again and nothing more is being sent.

Can someone help me?  This is a time-sensitive campaign. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

Workflow stopped in the middle due to time settings and doesn't appear to have restarted.

SOLVE

How long was it after 5 PM when you'd changed the time to 6? If it was within a few minutes, and there were any delays processing contacts through the workflow, that might explain it. 

HubSpot Support should be able to piece together the chronology for you. Regardless, sounds like the damage was done. All I can recommend, going forward, is to check the performance of a workflow before changing its settings, to verify that a desired segment of contacts has passed through a branch first. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @WarrPenn. Check the steps from this help article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/workflows/why-didn-t-my-workflow-emails-send-when...

Maybe there's something that changed about the contact data which would've made the contacts eligible last night, but not today. If that's not the case, follow the instructions from that help article to see when the next scheduled action is, for impacted contacts. 

If the UI indicates a time which occurred in the past, I'd contact HubSpot Support immediately - since time is a factor, you should absolutely call in, instead of filing a ticket in-app, as those have quicker response times. Having specific examples of contacts behaving differently than expected will improve the amount of time required to resolve. 

WarrPenn
Participant

SOLVE

Something definitely got clogged up when I changed the time on the workflow from 5pm to 6pm when it was already after 5. 

Somehow, they were able to get it moving again, but it was delayed about 18 hours for the 2nd email.  While that's wasn't a huge issue, More emails were sent to the 2nd email in the workflow than the 1st, so now i'm even more convinced that it caused me to miss a large percentage of my email list. 😞

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

How long was it after 5 PM when you'd changed the time to 6? If it was within a few minutes, and there were any delays processing contacts through the workflow, that might explain it. 

HubSpot Support should be able to piece together the chronology for you. Regardless, sounds like the damage was done. All I can recommend, going forward, is to check the performance of a workflow before changing its settings, to verify that a desired segment of contacts has passed through a branch first.