Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

MeghanZ

Workflow: send reminder email if a property doesn't change

SOLVE

Hello! I'm trying to set up a workflow that I only want triggered if a property doesn't change.

The custom property is a dropdown that allows us to indicate when we have sent a form (not built in Hubspot) out to a partner and when they have completed it.

I have the workflow trigger set to apply to contacts who are marked as "form sent" in this custom property, and have indicated a delay of 21 days before a reminder email is sent to them. If, during those 21 days, this custom property changes on their record (in this case it would change to "form complete"), will they still receive the email since they were triggered in the first place? Or will people only get the email if the trigger still applies to them?

I hope that's clear. 

Thank you!
Meghan 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MeghanZ,

There are two ways to approach this. If your workflow looks like this...

karstenkoehler_0-1628048663819.png

... you could switch to the Settings tab and select this option:

karstenkoehler_1-1628048728754.png

Once the custom property changes to "Complete", a contact would be pulled out of that workflow. Probably the easiest option.

Alternatively, you could check after 21 days whether anything has changed about the custom property by using an if/then branch. Your workflow could then look like this:

karstenkoehler_2-1628048869641.png

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MeghanZ,

There are two ways to approach this. If your workflow looks like this...

karstenkoehler_0-1628048663819.png

... you could switch to the Settings tab and select this option:

karstenkoehler_1-1628048728754.png

Once the custom property changes to "Complete", a contact would be pulled out of that workflow. Probably the easiest option.

Alternatively, you could check after 21 days whether anything has changed about the custom property by using an if/then branch. Your workflow could then look like this:

karstenkoehler_2-1628048869641.png

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MeghanZ

SOLVE

Thank you! I think this will work. 

JDobson
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi Meghan,

Yes, the contact will recieve the email after 21 days if enrolled in the workflow. If you want to send the email only if the contact's property is still marked 'form sent', add if/then branch after the 21 day delay and before the automated email to check if the property is still marked 'form sent.'

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

John Dobson
Senior HubSpot Consultant at Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk