Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

AllisonAltus
Top Contributor

Workflow help - sending contact a unique url

SOLVE

Hello, here is my scenario:

- We automatically create a custom webpage based on customers interests. A unique url is generated for our customer.

- Our system automatically adds this unique URL to a custom property in hubspot called " unique url" 

- Hubspot workflow triggers an email based on custom property "unique url" is known and contact owner is XX.

- Email sent to the customer from XX with a link to their custom webpage. 

My question is, what happens if we update this unique url property based on changed interests by the customer and want to send them the email again with the new link. I can't seem to re-enrol based on the updated property for unique url.  

Does anyone know any other workaround? Would transactional emails be a solution? Do you still need to set up workflows for transactional emails? Or how are they triggered? 

Thank you 

Allison  

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Aakar
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @AllisonAltus

Have you tried using the list based on 'unique url'? And enrolling that list on the workflows, that triggers the email, instead of that 'unique url' contact property. I don't know your setup, but the list might work.

Few thoughts: 

Can you use another contact property similar to 'unique url', something like: 'new_unique_url'? And run the workflows based on the new property. Or is it possible to clear that contact property field and update it again? 

Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Aakar
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @AllisonAltus

Have you tried using the list based on 'unique url'? And enrolling that list on the workflows, that triggers the email, instead of that 'unique url' contact property. I don't know your setup, but the list might work.

Few thoughts: 

Can you use another contact property similar to 'unique url', something like: 'new_unique_url'? And run the workflows based on the new property. Or is it possible to clear that contact property field and update it again? 

Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AllisonAltus,

You can send transactional emails following the steps outlined here. In regards to reenrolling the contacts, I mentioned this in your other question, but you could reenroll them if you clear the field and reset it with new data.

0 Upvotes
AllisonAltus
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda

I don't have the transactional emails add-on, so i'm trying to find out what additional benefits/functionality it will provide. I'm guessing with transactional emails you still have to set them up as a workflow automation? Or what else triggers them? 

Thanks

Allison 

0 Upvotes