Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

michelleGFN
Participant

Workflow for updating a contact field based on forms

SOLVE

I've created two forms and I'd like all new contacts that fill out either of those forms to be assigned the Lead Source (on the contact property) of "data download". That lead source should only be assigned to new contacts that come into our portal through those forms, and not to existing contacts who fill out either of the forms. Is there a way to do this using workflows? The workflow that I've put together so far is below, but I'm stumped about how to make the workflow only apply to new contacts who come in through those forms.

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 6.26.01 PM.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @michelleGFN 

There are a couple of things you could try, depending on what else is going on. 

You could use an if/then branch to check if Lead Source is already known, and then only set it to data download if it unknown. 

Alternatively, you could use the First Conversion contact property to check that the first form they filled out was one of these. Or use First Conversion = these forms as the trigger for the workflow. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @michelleGFN 

There are a couple of things you could try, depending on what else is going on. 

You could use an if/then branch to check if Lead Source is already known, and then only set it to data download if it unknown. 

Alternatively, you could use the First Conversion contact property to check that the first form they filled out was one of these. Or use First Conversion = these forms as the trigger for the workflow. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
michelleGFN
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you! I ended up using the First Conversion property to set up this workflow.