Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

EranRickman
Participant

Workflow for email clicks tracking and Apple's new privacy update

Hello everyone,

Since Apple's new privacy update, we know that we can't accurately track our numbers in terms of email openings. The new update works in a way that an Apple bot will automatically open every email for all Apple users – and therefore, HubSpot has decided the other way around and changed the opening tracking for Apple users automatically to Zero.

Because of this, instead of tracking email openings, we are tracking email clicks. For this purpose, we’ve created a custom property named “Un-Clicked Email Counter”.

The Workflow we’ve created checks if a contact has clicked one of our marketing emails (“Marketing email activity clicked the link to ANY LINK in “NAME OF EMAIL”) and there is a long list of all of our emails with OR in between each. Then, if there were no clicks – the Un-Clicked Email Counter is Increased by 1.  

The second IF (branch 2) is checking if the last marketing email click was after Apple’s change in policy (Sep. 1st, 2021) OR date Unknown.

If YES – Set the “Un-clicked Email Counter” property to Zero.

My question is – do anyone have a better idea on how to preform the same task and purpose? I am trying to think about an option that will make this adding of every email every time to be unnecessary – and to create a workflow that will be much more wise and efficient.

Generally speaking – if anyone have good solutions for tracking emails in this new era (after Apple’s update) – it would be great (I am talking about workflows – any articles about what other KPIs should I track – I’ve read it 🙂 ).

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help!

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
EranRickman
Participant

@TiphaineCuisset Thanks!

Do have any good ideas?

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @EranRickman 

Thank you for reaching out and all these details! 

I want to tag some of our experts here -  @ThinkLighthouse @Dan1 @Jonno_Price @Levi @Alex_Elborn do you have any thoughts or suggestions for @EranRickman on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !