Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Tayler

Workflow for duplicate email sends

SOLVE

Hello,

I'm interested in creating a custom notification that sends an internal email if a contact receives the same email twice (or more than once) within a 24 hour period. Is this possible with Hubspot's workflows?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Tayler,

This is doable but very high maintenance – mainly because there aren't any filter options to check whether a contact has received an email more than once. Email interaction can't be used for re-enrollment either. HubSpot doesn't document in a property whether a contact has opened an email once or 20 times.

You'd have to explore custom number properties and workflows which increase the number by 1 whenever a specific email is sent. One custom number property per email.

Instead of going down that route, I'd recommend not waiting for the symptom (= double email trouble) but avoiding this altogether. How are you sending these emails, can you create exclusion lists for your marketing email sends or workflows? (These exclusion lists could include contacts who have received the email once already, preventing them from receiving it again.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Tayler,

This is doable but very high maintenance – mainly because there aren't any filter options to check whether a contact has received an email more than once. Email interaction can't be used for re-enrollment either. HubSpot doesn't document in a property whether a contact has opened an email once or 20 times.

You'd have to explore custom number properties and workflows which increase the number by 1 whenever a specific email is sent. One custom number property per email.

Instead of going down that route, I'd recommend not waiting for the symptom (= double email trouble) but avoiding this altogether. How are you sending these emails, can you create exclusion lists for your marketing email sends or workflows? (These exclusion lists could include contacts who have received the email once already, preventing them from receiving it again.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
Tayler

SOLVE

Thank you Karsten, you've answered my question! Since there's no easy way to do this, I will look into the exclusion list you mentioned. This would be a great failsafe and ultimately better than having to personally check each notification!

0 Upvotes