Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

amandabrunish
投稿者

Workflow for New Contact

解決

Hello All - 

I think I am losing this and the answer is right in front of my face, but I thought it best ask the experts!

I am creating a workflow where a Contact must meet several parameters including a NEW contact in our system.  The workflow is for downloading an eBook.  If they download the eBook and are a new Contact to our system, they get a different response than if they download the eBook and are an existing customer.

I can't figure out how to setup the workflow for a new Contact.  I don't see a simple "Is this a new Contact?" type of option.  Any help appreciated. 🙂

Thank you! 

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
bradmin
解決策
キーアドバイザー

Workflow for New Contact

解決

Hi, @amandabrunish. If the criteria is customers versus noncustomers, independent of start date, you may want to use the Lifecycle Stage property for segmenting instead. This assumes that the group you're identifying as customers have that specific lifecycle stage value. 

If not, you can use a combination of the download and the created date property. Try using the contact property filter of Create Date, and choose the "is less than" option, setting it to less than 1 day ago. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

2件の返信
bradmin
解決策
キーアドバイザー

Workflow for New Contact

解決

Hi, @amandabrunish. If the criteria is customers versus noncustomers, independent of start date, you may want to use the Lifecycle Stage property for segmenting instead. This assumes that the group you're identifying as customers have that specific lifecycle stage value. 

If not, you can use a combination of the download and the created date property. Try using the contact property filter of Create Date, and choose the "is less than" option, setting it to less than 1 day ago. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
amandabrunish
投稿者

Workflow for New Contact

解決

Thank you for your response - this is exactly the solution I was looking for.  Either option will work and I will think about what will be best for our situation.  Thanks again!