Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

TSJ
Participante

Workflow best practice can contacts be enrolled in more than 1 drip email workflow at the same time?

resolver

If a contact is enrolled in a workflow drip campaign, say a lead score based workflow drip, and the unenrollment or suppression setting is "do not remove them from other workflows" and they...

a) they download some gated content that also has an associated drip campaign workflow

and/or

b) they sign up for a webinar that also has an associated drip campaign workflow

and/or 

c) they do something that kicks them to the next level lead score drip workflow.

Are they enrolled in a second and possibly a third drip workflow at the same time? Should all drip workflows be set to "remove from other workflows" or "remove from specific workflows"? I wouldn't want a lead contact to be getting 3 emails a week from us. Is the way to deal with this is by setting frequency caps?  Looking for some best practice advice.

2 Soluciones aceptadas
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

Workflow best practice can contacts be enrolled in more than 1 drip email workflow at the same time?

resolver

Hi @TSJ,

My favorite solution for this is a custom property called "isbeingnurtured". It acts as a doorman for workflows, checking if a contact is already enrolled in another drip/nurturing workflow. I've explained it in detail here.

Removing contacts from other workflows might result in disjointed experience for some contacts. In my opinion it's better to let them complete one workflow before they are eligible for another one.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

TSJ
Solución
Participante

resolver

Thank you so much I think this solution will work very well in our case. So just to confirm, once one workflow is finished then another will be free to execute if the contact also meets the trigger criteria and the  "isbeingnurtured" property = false.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
5 Respuestas 5
jjordan72
Miembro

resolver

My preferred method is to use a custom property called "isbeingnurtured." It acts as a gatekeeper for workflows, checking if a contact is already registered in another drip/nurturing process. Here, I've gone over everything in great depth.

Removing contacts from other processes may result in a fragmented experience for certain contacts. Allowing them to complete one workflow before going on to the next, in my opinion, is better.

Thank you so much; I feel this strategy will be quite beneficial in our case. So, just to be clear, if the contact meets the trigger parameters and the "isbeingnurtured" property is set to false, a new process can start after the previous one has finished.

0 Me gusta
CJordan6
Miembro

resolver

A custom property named "isbeingnurtured" is my favourite approach for this. It checks if a contact is already enrolled in another drip/nurturing process and functions as a doorman for workflows. I've gone through everything in great detail here.

Removing contacts from other processes may cause certain contacts to have a fragmented experience. It is preferable, in my opinion, to allow them to finish one workflow before moving on to the next.
Thank you so lot; I believe this approach will be really useful in our situation. So, just to be clear, after one workflow is complete, another can begin if the contact fulfils the trigger conditions and the "isbeingnurtured" attribute is set to false.

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @TSJ,

yes, that's the idea. Each drip workflow checks whether a person currently "isbeingnurtured". If not, they're let in. First thing, they're being marked as "isbeingnurtured". Now, other workflows will not pick up this contact as long as they follow the same logic. As a last step of the drip workflow, "isbeingnurtured" is cleared. The contact can now be picked up by another workflow again.

One thing to keep in mind is that you must not toggle the "Remove contacts if they don't meet the enrollment criteria" option. Once they reach the "isbeingnurtured" is set to "yes" step, they would immediately be removed.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @TSJ,

My favorite solution for this is a custom property called "isbeingnurtured". It acts as a doorman for workflows, checking if a contact is already enrolled in another drip/nurturing workflow. I've explained it in detail here.

Removing contacts from other workflows might result in disjointed experience for some contacts. In my opinion it's better to let them complete one workflow before they are eligible for another one.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

TSJ
Solución
Participante

resolver

Thank you so much I think this solution will work very well in our case. So just to confirm, once one workflow is finished then another will be free to execute if the contact also meets the trigger criteria and the  "isbeingnurtured" property = false.

0 Me gusta