Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Sebastian_Lauk
Participant

Workflow based on contact creation

SOLVE

I have already looked if I can find the solution here in the forum, unfortunately without success. Actually the usecase is trivial, I think.

I want a workflow to be triggered exactly when a contact is newly created. Specifically, it's about the lead lifecycle stage and lead status classification.

I can find filters with "creation date" etc. but none in the direction of "contact was newly created".

Is there a workaround or am I just blind and can't find the function?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Sebastian_Lauk,

You can enroll contacts in your workflow based on "Create date is known". (When you enable the workflow, only enroll contacts who meet the criteria from that point on, otherwise all contacts will be enrolled.)

The Create date becomes known upon creation. This corresponds to the 'contact was newly created' you're looking for.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Sebastian_Lauk,

You can enroll contacts in your workflow based on "Create date is known". (When you enable the workflow, only enroll contacts who meet the criteria from that point on, otherwise all contacts will be enrolled.)

The Create date becomes known upon creation. This corresponds to the 'contact was newly created' you're looking for.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Sebastian_Lauk
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler 

I still have one question. If the enrollment trigger looks like this:

• has filled out Any form submission on Any page
    AND
  • Create date is known

let's say a contact fills out a form for the second time, then the workflow would still trigger, right?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Sebastian_Lauk,

If re-enrollment for the form submission is still enabled, yes. The requiremenet for a contact to re-enroll would be that the create date is still known – which it is.

In any case, I'd always recommend testing this (which in this case is easy by submitting a form with a fresh email address twice).

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
Sebastian_Lauk
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler 

sometimes the answer is so simple and yet you can't figure it out yourself. Thank you!

Sebastian

0 Upvotes