Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

JHagedooren
Participante

Workflow based on click in email

resolver

I'm trying to setup an onboarding email flow in combination with a workflow but I can't seem to find the option to devide teh workflow into 2 branches based on the buttons clicked in the email. I assume this possibility should exist?

For example:

Email with 2 buttons

( Im a man)  ( Im a woman)

When Im a man is clicked there should eb a different email send afterwards or a different action triggerd

(In the exampel you could say add a property but that wont be possible in my actual choices)

1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @JHagedooren,

I would design the second branch as a separate workflow that enrolls contacts based on the click and sends the email.

The original workflow would simply work with a two-day delay. To make sure that contacts don't continue in this workflow should they click, you would work with an exclusion list (Settings tab of the workflow).

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
4 Respuestas 4
JHagedooren
Participante

resolver

Thanks, I'll dive into that

JHagedooren
Participante

resolver

Thanks. I got the use of CTA's but let me lay the exact situation out as I'm running into more problems.

We have an opnboarding email where the free trial expires but there will be a button to extend the free trial for another 7 days.

If they click on this button in the email, they go into a side branch where we will do a custom code and after that send an email

If they don't click it after say, 2 days, the flow should continue and they should follow the normal second branch where we have a couple of final emails.

How can I put the delay in this If/then branch so that the system waits 2 days for a click and if there is no click continue with branch 2

karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @JHagedooren,

I would design the second branch as a separate workflow that enrolls contacts based on the click and sends the email.

The original workflow would simply work with a two-day delay. To make sure that contacts don't continue in this workflow should they click, you would work with an exclusion list (Settings tab of the workflow).

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @JHagedooren,

There are two ways to approach this. You would either work with two distinct CTAs created with the CTA tool (Marketing > Lead capture > CTAs), both of which could point to the same landing page. Or you would have to create two distinct landing pages so that you can reference the link click of either in a workflow.

Workflow 1 would send the first automated email, containing either the two CTAs or two buttons created right within the automated email (each link to a separate landing page).

Workflow 2 would "wait" for contacts to click one of the two CTAs (Contact enrollment trigger > Filter type > Calls-to-action) or check whether a contact has clicked one of the two buttons/links (Contact enrollment trigger > Filter type > Marketing emails > Contact clicked a link in email).

Let me know if you need further assistance here, happy to help!

Karsten Köhler

0 Me gusta