Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

KMartin4
Participant

Workflow - Update a custom object field when created with association details

SOLVE

I'm trying to create a Workflow with a trigger that fires when a new object record is created (in this case 'Project')

When creating a 'Project' a 'Company' (the standard company object) is associated with the project. 

I am trying to create a workflow that when the project is created it copies the assocaited company name into a 'Company' field on the project.

Has anyone got any advice? 

EDIT: 
I've attempted using a Company enrollment trigger but cannot get it to fire unless i manually click enroll 

1.PNG

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bsheen
Solution
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @KMartin4,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

What if try this from a custom-object based Workflow, in this case, a Project-based Workflow?
-see Enroll custom object records in workflows

We could try Project Create Date is KNOWN > Copy company property to project property.

Do you want to give this a shot and let me know how it goes? I'd also be happy to schedule some time together to take a look if you'd like to DM me. 

Best,

Brendan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
bsheen
Solution
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @KMartin4,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

What if try this from a custom-object based Workflow, in this case, a Project-based Workflow?
-see Enroll custom object records in workflows

We could try Project Create Date is KNOWN > Copy company property to project property.

Do you want to give this a shot and let me know how it goes? I'd also be happy to schedule some time together to take a look if you'd like to DM me. 

Best,

Brendan

KMartin4
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for your reply Bsheen.

Unfortunalty the result I am wanting isn't possible with Hubspots current workflow functionailty. I spoke with their support team and they tested vigorously. There isn't a way to pull fields from a associated company on a custom object.

My solution was to remove all creation functionailty from hubspot into my Portal I am developing. That way i have full control with the API's.

Thanks Again 🙂

0 Upvotes
bsheen
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Thanks for the update, @KMartin4!

I am glad the support team was able to confirm that copying a company property to a Custom Object from a Worklfow is not viable at this time. 

The HubSpot Ideas Forum is a place for HubSpot users to discuss feature requests with each other and the HubSpot Product Team. I would highly recommend adding your use case and an upvote to the HubSpot Idea forum to further bring this to the Product Team's attention! -see The Ideas Forum Users' Guide

Best,

Brendan