Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Jackrabbit
Contributor

Workflow Triggered by Date that has Passed?

SOLVE

Hi there, I'm new to HubSpot and have a question about Workflows centered on a date. If the date entered is, say, July 8th, and the trigger is a contact list that continues to have new contacts added, does the workflow continue after the July 8th date...as new people get added to the list. We want this Workflow to start on July 8th, but continue until we turn it off. This seems like I should know this, but.... Thank you for any insight.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ConnorSlivensky
Solution
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

The way you describe it would act as a static date and while it would "continue" with those in it I don't believe it would enroll new contacts. 

Depending on your use case it maybe better to you use a different date property that's unique to each contact (like became an SQL date or create date) or you maybe able to use a standard workflow with delays.

@MFrankJohnson @Phil_Vallender  Any Ideas?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
ConnorSlivensky
Solution

SOLVE

The way you describe it would act as a static date and while it would "continue" with those in it I don't believe it would enroll new contacts. 

Depending on your use case it maybe better to you use a different date property that's unique to each contact (like became an SQL date or create date) or you maybe able to use a standard workflow with delays.

@MFrankJohnson @Phil_Vallender  Any Ideas?

Jackrabbit
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you. That makes sense to me. I may simply go with a standard workflow with delays. The date isn't really that important. 

I appreciate the help.

Graham

RiccardoPisani
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi there - I don't understand the WF you have in mind. 

Consider that ppl should get in and out of lists if you want to re-enroll them in a WF. 

Cheers

0 Upvotes