Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

SenatorJ

Workflow Involving Triggers in an Email Causing Duplicate Deals

SOLVE

Hi Everyone, 

I am hoping someone may have some ideas on a problem that I can't resolve. 

We have a workflow that checks the email subject of every email leaving our domain. If the email subject contains the words "quote request" then it triggers the creation of a deal. It works perfectly when the recipient is one email contact.

The problem occurs as soon as there is a second email contact being sent the email, either "TO" or "CCd" Hubspot then creates two deals. 

It creates one deal for one contact, and then a second deal for the second contact.

How can I set this workflow up to ensure it only creates one deal, and ideally associated both contacts with that one deal.

I have added a coupleof screen shot below to show what we currenty have.

Thanks in advanced for any help or ideas. 

James.  

Stage 1.JPGStage 2.JPG

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SenatorJ,

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be possible at this stage. You'd have to prevent the copied or BCCed contact from entering the workflow – but there currently aren't any Activity properties filters to exclude these contacts from enrollment. HubSpot doesn't distinguish between an activity that is an email send to someone or an activity that is an email copied to someone.

I'd recommend approaching this from another angle (since I believe there isn't any solution to this particular issue). If you can get the contact owner to update one property, e.g. set the Lifecycle stage of this contact to Opportunity or update the Lead status, deal creation could be triggered off this property change. Not ideal, I know, since it requires manual data entry which – it seems – you're trying to avoid.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
SenatorJ

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten, thought it may end up being a manual entry. Will have to remind our sales team.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SenatorJ,

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be possible at this stage. You'd have to prevent the copied or BCCed contact from entering the workflow – but there currently aren't any Activity properties filters to exclude these contacts from enrollment. HubSpot doesn't distinguish between an activity that is an email send to someone or an activity that is an email copied to someone.

I'd recommend approaching this from another angle (since I believe there isn't any solution to this particular issue). If you can get the contact owner to update one property, e.g. set the Lifecycle stage of this contact to Opportunity or update the Lead status, deal creation could be triggered off this property change. Not ideal, I know, since it requires manual data entry which – it seems – you're trying to avoid.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes