Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Sandy

Workflow If/Then statement - Email link clicks

SOLVE

Hi community, 

I'm fairly new to Hubspot but I can't seem to find any documentation on this. I am creating a free trial email program where email 1 is a verification email, where clicking the link will verify the user's account. Based on them clicking that verify link, I would like to then trigger the send of Email 2 in this program. 

In my Workflow I want to use the "If/Then" branch, where if the Contact clicks that verify link in the email, they will be sent Email 2. My problem is that it doesn't look like I can reference the specific URL, this worries me because there will be another link in that same email which will link to a support article and obviously I don't want to send Email 2 if they haven't verified their account. 

Maybe I am missing something but how do I reference specific URLs in an email in my workflows (if user clicks link XYZ, then send this email).

Thanks!

Sandy 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hello @Sandy

When looking at using If/Then branches in your workflow to specify if a contact clicked a specific link in an email you will want to use the If/Then branch of Email > Contact Clicked a Link in Email > Contact Clicked Specific Link. 

I have included a screenshot of how this appears in the If/then branch as well as our documentation on If/then branches here

Workflows___HubSpot.png

Please let me know if you have anymore questions. 

Best, 

Courtney Sembler 

Inbound Professor 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
HThomas
Participant

SOLVE

Are these options tied to a specific tier in HS? Do they no longer exist? Can this be done in the current version?

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @HThomas 

Thank you for reaching out. 

To get access to workflows and send automated emails you need a Marketing Pro subscription, you will then be able to create an if/then branch and choose which link from the marketing email has been clicked 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

JHagedooren
Participant

SOLVE

I'm trying this as well but I cant find the option of the clicked link anywhere

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JHagedooren 

Thank you for reaching out. Do you mean you can't find the option to create a if/then branch or to find the exact link in the email that was sent? I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about this. 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hello @Sandy

When looking at using If/Then branches in your workflow to specify if a contact clicked a specific link in an email you will want to use the If/Then branch of Email > Contact Clicked a Link in Email > Contact Clicked Specific Link. 

I have included a screenshot of how this appears in the If/then branch as well as our documentation on If/then branches here

Workflows___HubSpot.png

Please let me know if you have anymore questions. 

Best, 

Courtney Sembler 

Inbound Professor 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy
CMorra
Participant

SOLVE

I think this is outdated?

0 Upvotes
AWahab4

SOLVE

Hello Professor, 

This is helpful; one quick question.

My requirement is similar, but in our customer Journey, we have a Unique Link for each customer. 

Will setting up "Contact Clicked a link in Email" serve the purpose?

What I want is if a customer clicks a Link in Email at any stage, they should stop getting other upcoming emails in the User Journey & goes to a Difference Email Sequence/Journey.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
adamjgarson
Participant

SOLVE

I see no such option within If/Then statements. Has this option changed?

cbsembler
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hello @adamjgarson

When opening a workflow you will want to select the + button and then from the side-bar on the right select if/then. I have included below what this looks like in a short video.  

Please let me know if you have any more questions. 

Best, 

Courtney Sembler 

If_Then_2.gif

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy
0 Upvotes