Workflow If/Then statement - Email link clicks

SOLVE
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi community, 

I'm fairly new to Hubspot but I can't seem to find any documentation on this. I am creating a free trial email program where email 1 is a verification email, where clicking the link will verify the user's account. Based on them clicking that verify link, I would like to then trigger the send of Email 2 in this program. 

In my Workflow I want to use the "If/Then" branch, where if the Contact clicks that verify link in the email, they will be sent Email 2. My problem is that it doesn't look like I can reference the specific URL, this worries me because there will be another link in that same email which will link to a support article and obviously I don't want to send Email 2 if they haven't verified their account. 

Maybe I am missing something but how do I reference specific URLs in an email in my workflows (if user clicks link XYZ, then send this email).

Thanks!

Sandy 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Academy Team

Hello @Sandy

When looking at using If/Then branches in your workflow to specify if a contact clicked a specific link in an email you will want to use the If/Then branch of Email > Contact Clicked a Link in Email > Contact Clicked Specific Link. 

I have included a screenshot of how this appears in the If/then branch as well as our documentation on If/then branches here

Workflows___HubSpot.png

Please let me know if you have anymore questions. 

Best, 

Courtney Sembler 

Inbound Professor 

3 Replies 3
Academy Team

Hello @Sandy

When looking at using If/Then branches in your workflow to specify if a contact clicked a specific link in an email you will want to use the If/Then branch of Email > Contact Clicked a Link in Email > Contact Clicked Specific Link. 

I have included a screenshot of how this appears in the If/then branch as well as our documentation on If/then branches here

Workflows___HubSpot.png

Please let me know if you have anymore questions. 

Best, 

Courtney Sembler 

Inbound Professor 

New Contributor

I see no such option within If/Then statements. Has this option changed?

0 Upvotes
Academy Team

Hello @adamjgarson

When opening a workflow you will want to select the + button and then from the side-bar on the right select if/then. I have included below what this looks like in a short video.  

Please let me know if you have any more questions. 

Best, 

Courtney Sembler 

If_Then_2.gif

0 Upvotes