Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

sskurdah

Win/Loss Workflow

SOLVE

Hi there - 

I am trying to build a workflow where, when a deal is moved into the 'Closed Lost' stage, an email is automatically sent out to the contact on the lost deal with a survey. 

A few questions: 

1. When building the workflow, would the enrollmenmt criteria be as simple as when deal stage = Closed Lost, the email goes out? 

2. If there are multiple contacts associated with a deal, who will get the email? Will it go out to all? Is it possible to build in some functionality so our sales team is able to choose who gets the email? 

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Win/Loss Workflow

SOLVE

Hi @sskurdah

That's a really great idea. 

A simple starting criteria like you describe should work fine as a contact would have to have a deal for it to be possible to go to closed lost.

If there are multiple contacts on the deal, all would get the email unless you built in further segementation.

You can't add functionality to 'choose' but I have used properties to categorise contacts at a company so that one contact is the 'Leader'. If you had such a property, you could add this to your starting criteria for the workflow. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
referagig

Win/Loss Workflow

SOLVE

Hello, did you ever get this workflow created?  We are looking to do the same thing and it would be great to hear how you did it!

0 Upvotes
tmonetcollins
Participant

Win/Loss Workflow

SOLVE

I 100% agree with Phil, and to add on, be sure to add a time delay to the beginning of the workflow if your sales team changes the status of a lead fairly quickly. 

i.e. It would be quite odd to go through a sales process, deny the sales person, and then get an email survey within an hour about the company. 🙂 

Phil_Vallender
Solution

Win/Loss Workflow

SOLVE

Hi @sskurdah

That's a really great idea. 

A simple starting criteria like you describe should work fine as a contact would have to have a deal for it to be possible to go to closed lost.

If there are multiple contacts on the deal, all would get the email unless you built in further segementation.

You can't add functionality to 'choose' but I have used properties to categorise contacts at a company so that one contact is the 'Leader'. If you had such a property, you could add this to your starting criteria for the workflow. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency