Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

kullschmittgall
Participant

Will different options that trigger the workflow cause duplicate emails?

SOLVE

We have set up a workflow that sends out info material automatically and nurtures the contact with the goal for the contact to make an appointment in the end. Meaning each branch of the workflow will eventually send out the same final emails.

The problem is that there are different options of material to choose from. If we only allow one option to be activated, we risk that the contact sends in the form several times to receive info on all topics, which will lead to them receiving the same emails several times. Is there a different option than to create a strand for every possible combination of topics? 

I am happy to hear about any possible workarounds to avoid the contacts receiving the same email several times.

I am happy about 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @kullschmittgall,

I'd recommend splitting your workflows. The email that is sent right after the form submission, containing the requested content, should be workflow 1. Your nurturing, the sequence of emails, should be workflow 2. I consider this approach best practices because it allow for modularity. Workflows now become building blocks.

Both workflows would trigger off the same form submission, only that the second workflow will start with a delay. The second workflow would probably never re-enroll a contact. (Why should a contact re-experience the same nurturing?)

The first workflow could and should re-enroll contacts based on the repeated form submission so that they receive whatever content they just requested.

By doing this, contacts would not receive the same emails multiple times. They can only enroll once in the nurturing that hopefully culminates in a meeting (workflow 2). The email sent right after the form submission (workflow 1) would be a (slightly) different one if they choose to come back.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @kullschmittgall,

I'd recommend splitting your workflows. The email that is sent right after the form submission, containing the requested content, should be workflow 1. Your nurturing, the sequence of emails, should be workflow 2. I consider this approach best practices because it allow for modularity. Workflows now become building blocks.

Both workflows would trigger off the same form submission, only that the second workflow will start with a delay. The second workflow would probably never re-enroll a contact. (Why should a contact re-experience the same nurturing?)

The first workflow could and should re-enroll contacts based on the repeated form submission so that they receive whatever content they just requested.

By doing this, contacts would not receive the same emails multiple times. They can only enroll once in the nurturing that hopefully culminates in a meeting (workflow 2). The email sent right after the form submission (workflow 1) would be a (slightly) different one if they choose to come back.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

kullschmittgall
Participant

SOLVE

Makes absolute sense. Thank you very much!