Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

RickWake
Participant

Will clicking "Enroll Existing Contacts" re-enroll the same contact twice?

SOLVE

Hi, 

I have a dynamic master list of contacts, which consists of multiple sub-lists of imported lists that get added weekly, structured like below.

• Master List
    • Import 1 List
    • Import 2 List
    • Import 3 List
    • etc...

I'm using the master list as a trigger for an automated workflow to send out a series of emails to contacts on the list. 

My question is,  does clicking "Enroll Existing Contacts" when adding a new list to the master list (let's say Import 4) causes contacts on the previous lists 1-3 to be re-enrolled into the workflow? I don't want the same contacts to receive the same emails multiple times because they were re-enrolled into the workflow.

So far I've been clicking "Do not enroll existing contacts" but this is problematic because new contacts on the subsequent lists aren't triggering the workflow.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
KadyJWhite
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi there!

If the other lists are included in the enrollment criteria, then yes, enrolling the existing contacts would re-enroll. You may try cloning the workflow to include your new lists.

View solution in original post

StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi Rick,

I import lists on a daily basis that go through a workflow to send emails. My solution was to add a property to HubSpot and then add it to the Workflow Enrollment Criteria.

Example:

• Create a single checklist property called "XYZ Import"
  • Add XYZ Import is any of Yes to the enrollment criteria in the workflow
  • When importing, add a column with the header XYZ Import and choose yes for each row.

XYZ1.png

If you happen to forget to add the XYZ column in your import, you can always manually enroll them into the workflow once they are imported by bulk editing them to specify XYZ Import is any of yes. 

As an added precaution, you can also add in the enrollment criteria: 

AND > Workflows > Workflow name > Has never been enrolled

Let me know if you need other solutions... I deal with this on a daily basis. 🙂 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
KadyJWhite
Solution

SOLVE

Hi there!

If the other lists are included in the enrollment criteria, then yes, enrolling the existing contacts would re-enroll. You may try cloning the workflow to include your new lists.

RickWake
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for the clarification. But that's disappointing. Do you or anyone else know a better way of implementing a champaign like this, in which you continuously add new lists of imports to trigger the same workflow?

0 Upvotes
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi Rick,

I import lists on a daily basis that go through a workflow to send emails. My solution was to add a property to HubSpot and then add it to the Workflow Enrollment Criteria.

Example:

• Create a single checklist property called "XYZ Import"
  • Add XYZ Import is any of Yes to the enrollment criteria in the workflow
  • When importing, add a column with the header XYZ Import and choose yes for each row.

XYZ1.png

If you happen to forget to add the XYZ column in your import, you can always manually enroll them into the workflow once they are imported by bulk editing them to specify XYZ Import is any of yes. 

As an added precaution, you can also add in the enrollment criteria: 

AND > Workflows > Workflow name > Has never been enrolled

Let me know if you need other solutions... I deal with this on a daily basis. 🙂 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
RickWake
Participant

SOLVE

My apologies for the late reply. This seems like the best solution so far. Thank you!

0 Upvotes
StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

SOLVE

No problem! I hope it helps. 🙂 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
0 Upvotes