Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

What's the best way to suppress a contact from receiving a follow up email in a workflow?

SOLVE
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Trying to engage a lead in a 3 email workflow... If the lead has engaged with our SDR after the 1st email, how do I automatically place the contact in a suppression list from the following emails ? Do I need to split the 3 emails into 3 different workflows?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
Esteemed Contributor

How do you know the contact engaged with your SDR?  That is the question you need to answer to determine how to suppress someone.

If you don't have a data point already established at this point, you should try to establish one so that you can build a supression list for your workflow that pulls the lead out once they meet that criteria.  This can be as simple as the SDR changing a data value on the record, like a picklist value for status, and if that status is updated, then you have your data point to extract this lead from the workflow.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for helping out @Ben_M !

I ended up assigning a data value by integrating a zapier action to my SDR' s inbox ('New Labeled Email)  which seems to be doing the job.

I also added a couple more action steps that follow this so hopefully I'm in the right track of automating this whole process. Smiley Wink

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Esteemed Contributor

How do you know the contact engaged with your SDR?  That is the question you need to answer to determine how to suppress someone.

If you don't have a data point already established at this point, you should try to establish one so that you can build a supression list for your workflow that pulls the lead out once they meet that criteria.  This can be as simple as the SDR changing a data value on the record, like a picklist value for status, and if that status is updated, then you have your data point to extract this lead from the workflow.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for helping out @Ben_M !

I ended up assigning a data value by integrating a zapier action to my SDR' s inbox ('New Labeled Email)  which seems to be doing the job.

I also added a couple more action steps that follow this so hopefully I'm in the right track of automating this whole process. Smiley Wink

0 Upvotes