Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

AlainD

What happens to automated emails if I pause my workflow?

SOLVE

I've started a workflow (first email sent) but then had to pause it for "repairs". The next email was not sent yet (delay of 3 days still on). However I don't know if restarting the workflow will restrat it from step one or continue from the place it was paused.

Meaning, I don't want the first email to be sent again.

Any ideas how it works?

1 Accepted solution
cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hello @AlainD

When you make a workflow 'inactive' contacts already in the workflow will continue through the workflow and will be scheduled for actions, but no actions will be executed. I have included below our documentation regarding making a workflow 'inactive' or 'pausing' to make repairs, here

The first email will not be sent again to the contacts already in the workflow when you make the workflow 'active' again. 

Best, 

Courtney Sembler 

Inbound Professor 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
RJhonson

SOLVE

When you pause a workflow that generates automated emails, the sending of those emails typically halts temporarily. Any emails scheduled to be sent during the pause period will remain in the queue until the workflow is resumed.

If anyone want to know about metallic epoxy flooring corona ca visit here

0 Upvotes
cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hello @AlainD

When you make a workflow 'inactive' contacts already in the workflow will continue through the workflow and will be scheduled for actions, but no actions will be executed. I have included below our documentation regarding making a workflow 'inactive' or 'pausing' to make repairs, here

The first email will not be sent again to the contacts already in the workflow when you make the workflow 'active' again. 

Best, 

Courtney Sembler 

Inbound Professor 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy
0 Upvotes
blinkertoon
Contributor

SOLVE

This sounds good,, but will contacts enrol in the workflow once it is switch on again or will they have missed their chance (bit like you get the option to immediately enrol contacts that meet the criteria when you switch it on for the first time)?

0 Upvotes
cbsembler
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hello @blinkertoon

Once you go and turn the workflow back on you will receive the below pop-up to receive the starting conditions for your workflow and suppressions. 

This will allow you to decide if you want to enroll all contacts who have met the criteria while the workflow was off. 

Best, 

Courtney Sembler 

Workflow Action ReviewWorkflow Action Review

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy
0 Upvotes
blinkertoon
Contributor

SOLVE

Great, thanks. I did wonder if this would happen.

Still.. does this risk all contacts that meet the criteria that have already enrolled and passed through the workflow doing it again (e.g. for an enquiry form when it allows re-enrolment but they haven't actually resubmitted, which is the enrolment condition)?

0 Upvotes