Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

woody
Contributor

What happens if I change trigger in a "Center on a date property" workflow before the date property?

SOLVE

centered-on-date.jpg

As you see, I have a workflow centered on a date property.
--> Trigger: Date property is known. (Re-enrollment is allowed)
--> Do the next action 1 day before Date property at 09:00

For example, today is 23/08/2019 (Date format in this post is DD/MM/YYYY) and I fill value for Date property. Date property value is 30/08/2019. So the next action will be done at 09:00 of 29/08/2019.

But at 25/08/2019, I change the value of Date property to 15/09/2019, which case will happen?

Case 1: workflow do the next action at 09:00 of 29/08/2019, then do that action again at 09:00 of 14/09/2019.

Case 2: workflow only do the next action at 09:00 of 14/09/2019.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
AM8
Solution
Top Contributor

What happens if I change trigger in a "Center on a date property" workflow before the date property?

SOLVE

Hi @woody  

Interesting question, I tested this workflow use case.  If you change the value of the " date property" the scheduled task updates based on the new value. 

In your specific example, Case 2 (workflow only do the next action at 09:00 of 14/09/2019.) will happen. 

Below is a screenshot of my test : 
Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 1.22.07 AM.png

Thank you.
-AM
Did my response solve your problem? Please mark it a solution to help the community. 

Hope this helps
Thank you.
-AM8 
#Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
AM8
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @woody  

Interesting question, I tested this workflow use case.  If you change the value of the " date property" the scheduled task updates based on the new value. 

In your specific example, Case 2 (workflow only do the next action at 09:00 of 14/09/2019.) will happen. 

Below is a screenshot of my test : 
Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 1.22.07 AM.png

Thank you.
-AM
Did my response solve your problem? Please mark it a solution to help the community. 

Hope this helps
Thank you.
-AM8 
#Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
woody
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @AM8 , I have marked your answer as a solution.

You're right! I have tested it myself.
At 14:07, I set the time in workflow is 14:15 and set the property to tomorrow, then I change the property to other date. If it's case 1, it will do the task at 14:15 today.

I wait to 14:20, nothing happen, so it's the case 2. And this is a good thing. Before that, I was always worried that it would happen in case 1 so I had to find a way to stop the outdated action in workflow. Luckily, I don't need to do that

nothing.jpg

0 Upvotes