Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

jannika_otte
Participant | Diamond Partner

What are your best attributes for SQL Lead Score?

SOLVE

Looking for some more creative input here! Smiley Very Happy

From your experience, what where good attributes or milestones that identify a SQL?Thinking about how to optimise a Lead Score and got all the regulars covered already (such as asked for a demo/ wanted to know about prices/ contacted sales..)

Much appreciated! 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Usually an SQL is all about data points that sales needs to reach to convert an SAL to an SQL in the process so that they can open up the opportunity pipeline.  Once sales has accepted the lead as valid and workable, then I would say it goes back to the old acronym BANT (Budget, Authority, Need, Timeline) to understand that they have everything necessary to close an opportunity assuming your solution meets their needs.  If you are selling to a small business this could be fairly simple and straightforward, but in an ABM model you would want to consider the role of the contact in the purchasing decision to impact their lead score if you are using it this far along in the buying process.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
maggiebutler
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @jannika_otte I was just reading your thread and I know Jon Dick our VP of Marketing has a lot of thoughts on this topic. He's holding an AMA next week in the community - I'd love to post this question to him since we were just talking about it internally last week due to annual planning. If you want, you can ask him here (he's taking questions now) and we can talk in more detail - https://community.hubspot.com/t5/OpsLife/Open-Now-Exclusive-Conversation-with-Jon-Dick-VP-Marketing/...

Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Usually an SQL is all about data points that sales needs to reach to convert an SAL to an SQL in the process so that they can open up the opportunity pipeline.  Once sales has accepted the lead as valid and workable, then I would say it goes back to the old acronym BANT (Budget, Authority, Need, Timeline) to understand that they have everything necessary to close an opportunity assuming your solution meets their needs.  If you are selling to a small business this could be fairly simple and straightforward, but in an ABM model you would want to consider the role of the contact in the purchasing decision to impact their lead score if you are using it this far along in the buying process.

jannika_otte

SOLVE

This is super useful! I keep on coming back to it to remind me.. while working on that Lead Score system 🙂 Cheers!! Man Happy