Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

positivapatrik
Participant

Webinar centered date to trigger the workflow

SOLVE

I'm looking for a way to use the date of the webinar as trigger date. I want to be able to clone the workflow and just change from one webinar to another one and reuse the rest of the workflow. 

Today I have to center around a date an manually change that if I change to another webinar.

An extention to that could be that a workflow is triggered when a webinar is created and than automatically get in to the workflow. 

That is what I call automation 🙂

1 Accepted solution
mluke
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

I had a similar issue, and here's what I did:

• New form for each webinar, that includes the webinar date as a hidden field. I also put the topic in as a hidden field.
  • Workflow is date based, and actions happen X days after the webinar. 
  • Then as I change webinars, I just change the entry criteria to a new form. 
  • Then I have other follow up workflows that people auto-enroll is based on the webinar topic that I fork in the first workflow with if branches. 
  • Name workflows with p1, p2 (topic), p2 (other topic) for my own clarity/sanity.

Here is pitfall of my current workflows:  
We use the Zoom webinar integration, so if you want to schedule webinars a ways out, and both webinar forms point to the same workflow, then if a contact signs up for a second webinar it will overwrite the zoom webinar link from the first webinar they signed up for, which means they get the wrong link  in the follow up emails and the dates get weird too. We mitigate this by only having one webinar signup live at a time. 

I'd love to hear how others have solved this problem!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
mluke
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

I had a similar issue, and here's what I did:

• New form for each webinar, that includes the webinar date as a hidden field. I also put the topic in as a hidden field.
  • Workflow is date based, and actions happen X days after the webinar. 
  • Then as I change webinars, I just change the entry criteria to a new form. 
  • Then I have other follow up workflows that people auto-enroll is based on the webinar topic that I fork in the first workflow with if branches. 
  • Name workflows with p1, p2 (topic), p2 (other topic) for my own clarity/sanity.

Here is pitfall of my current workflows:  
We use the Zoom webinar integration, so if you want to schedule webinars a ways out, and both webinar forms point to the same workflow, then if a contact signs up for a second webinar it will overwrite the zoom webinar link from the first webinar they signed up for, which means they get the wrong link  in the follow up emails and the dates get weird too. We mitigate this by only having one webinar signup live at a time. 

I'd love to hear how others have solved this problem!

EKennel
Participant

SOLVE

I'm curious how you handle, or how you would handle if people signed up for more than one webinar?

We are hoping to promote weekly webinars a few weeks in advance. The topics will repeat after 6-8 weeks, and one contact should not have more than 2-3 webinars registered at a time.

So far the only solution I have is to have custom hidden properties for each repeating topic, and separate webinar workflows for each as well. Would love to pair this down into a workflow that can handle any future changes to the topics, or handle more than 2-3 registrations at a time

0 Upvotes
positivapatrik
Participant

SOLVE

mluke, thank you so much for your input! That gives me a great understanding and smart way to set up the workflows. I will try that later on.

I really apreciate your input, thanks!

0 Upvotes
mluke
Contributor

SOLVE

You're welcome! I'm sure you'll come up with another iteration that makes it a little better too.

0 Upvotes