Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

anejako
Participant

Very high volume Workflow tips

SOLVE

Hello:

Does anyone have any best practices for handing very high volumes of records in one off workflows?    (like tens of thousands of records)

I have found pathing people off into different paths based on an integer value in their record helps to keep things under control but I am wondering what other people do.

The HubSpot interface is very good for showing how many people are active, but are there any other reports that you use to keep an eye on how things are going?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Alex

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @anejako@nicolebrenner

I don't have any specific experience that relates to this but do agree that mid-workflow analysis and reporting is kinda limited right now. 

One thing that comes to mind is that you could add workflow actions at various steps that add and remove contacts from static lists. 

This way you could add all contact who reach a specific action (probably a delay) to a list and easily see who is there. When they pass that point, another action could remove them - before they are then added to a new list. 

It's manual and its extra work for sure, but if there are large numbers of contacts it might be of some help.

Hope that helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @anejako, great question!

cc:@ndwilliams3 @Phil_Vallender @Pablo

Do you guys have any particular strategies you use with high volume workflows?

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @anejako@nicolebrenner

I don't have any specific experience that relates to this but do agree that mid-workflow analysis and reporting is kinda limited right now. 

One thing that comes to mind is that you could add workflow actions at various steps that add and remove contacts from static lists. 

This way you could add all contact who reach a specific action (probably a delay) to a list and easily see who is there. When they pass that point, another action could remove them - before they are then added to a new list. 

It's manual and its extra work for sure, but if there are large numbers of contacts it might be of some help.

Hope that helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
anejako
Participant

SOLVE

That sounds like a good idea!

Thanks

Alex Nejako

mwhite051
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks @Phil_Vallender !

0 Upvotes
mwhite051
Top Contributor

SOLVE

One of the things I also like to do is to create some lists of the contacts who have completed the workflow. I use this filter on the List tool:

Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 1.06.19 PM.png

This way I can also use filters like "contact has opened email" and "has recently visited URL containing" - I come up with my own factors that seem relevant to my workflow and get a sense for how many people are engaging with these parts of my site/content.