Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

JLangman
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Use if/then to bring enrollees that completed workflow back in for the next email?

SOLVE

Hi I have a workflow that some enrollees have completed, however we realized there's more emails to set up yet. Can I use the if/then bracket to bring in the "contacts that completed the workflow" back in and this point to receive the next few emails- essentially bringing them back in at the point where they completed? It looks possible by design, but looking for any advice. 
Thanks!

Jim

1 Accepted solution
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

Use if/then to bring enrollees that completed workflow back in for the next email?

SOLVE

Hi @JLangman. Just saying...that sounds like a lot of effort to adapt your existing workflow to bring in more contacts. For the existing emails that these contacts have received, you'd need to put a "if contact has recevied [x email title] in past [x] days...yes = go to next email branch, no = send the email." I'm not sure your scope of contacts and emails but I think you should split the work. 

Take your original workflow and add all your new emails to it for all newly enrolled contacts. However, the contacts that missed emails, put those emails in a new workflow, get the contacts through it and then be done with that workflow.

Keep your original workflow clean and tidy and use secondary workflows to clean up when you make a mistake or find something that was missed. That's the way I would do it.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @JLangman. Just saying...that sounds like a lot of effort to adapt your existing workflow to bring in more contacts. For the existing emails that these contacts have received, you'd need to put a "if contact has recevied [x email title] in past [x] days...yes = go to next email branch, no = send the email." I'm not sure your scope of contacts and emails but I think you should split the work. 

Take your original workflow and add all your new emails to it for all newly enrolled contacts. However, the contacts that missed emails, put those emails in a new workflow, get the contacts through it and then be done with that workflow.

Keep your original workflow clean and tidy and use secondary workflows to clean up when you make a mistake or find something that was missed. That's the way I would do it.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.