Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

RChesterton
Participant

Uploading existing contacts to create a list

SOLVE

Hi!

I would like to send a marketing email to all my customers who purchased samples, but never returned to purchase full size items. I cannot create this list in HubSpot as the data does not exist when contacts are autocreated from Shopify purchases. I have a spreadsheet that has exactly the people I want to email. I don't want to create them as new contacts, thus creating duplicates, so I worry about importing them as Hubspot is asking me to do. Is the solution so that I can create a static list with this spreadsheet, but not create duplicate contacts?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RChesterton 

We regularly import spreadsheets to create HubSpot Lists. We only import the email address column from the spreadsheet.

The email address is used to deduplicate the contact. 

So, if you only import the email address (and tick "Create List" during the import) you will have a new HubSpot List without any duplicates.

As a quality check look at the Import Status (once you've imported) and it will show you a list of Updated and Created Contacts. If you see any New Contacts you know they weren't in HubSpot. if you only see Updated Contacts then you know they were already in there.

Have fun

Mike

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike_Eastwood
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @RChesterton 

We regularly import spreadsheets to create HubSpot Lists. We only import the email address column from the spreadsheet.

The email address is used to deduplicate the contact. 

So, if you only import the email address (and tick "Create List" during the import) you will have a new HubSpot List without any duplicates.

As a quality check look at the Import Status (once you've imported) and it will show you a list of Updated and Created Contacts. If you see any New Contacts you know they weren't in HubSpot. if you only see Updated Contacts then you know they were already in there.

Have fun

Mike

RChesterton
Participant

SOLVE

Worked perfectly! Thank you.