Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

TRichards
Contributor

Updating active list - List used in other Workflow

I need to update the parameters of an Active List. When I go to click Save I get a pop up that is not very clear. 

You're changing the criteria of a list that triggers one or more workflows:

• 21-OMPI-0375 PLMI Microbiome 2.0 Conference

Yes, enroll existing contacts who meet the trigger criteria right now

No, only enroll contacts who meet the trigger criteria after this workflow is turned on.

The workflow is "Centered on a date" so I do not want to add/enroll anyone to it. It wouldn't make sense. Regardless, I wouldn't know what step the people would be added to. The next one with a date? These options are not clear. 

Any insight is helpful. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @TRichards,

It's a bit hard to say without seeing all of the puzzle pieces but there's a way that you could test this and make sure.

You'd clone your existing workflow and remove all actions from it except for a delay. (With just a delay, this workflow wouldn't be doing anything except for enrolling contacts and putting them into a delay.) You'd also clone your active list and use it in this cloned workflow's enrollment criteria. You've now created a test environment that's not doing anything (except for the delay) where you can safely change the criteria of your cloned list and check how enrollment behaves (check the History tab after making the changes to the cloned list).

In general, with a date-centered workflow, I wouldn't expect any enrollment except for contacts who happen to meet the date when you change the workflow.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

TRichards
Contributor

Karsten,

I tried the cloning test that you described but I did not get the pop up message with the confusing options like before. Not sure why it didn't happen, but thanks for your suggestion.

Hubspot, do you have a little  input? I would appreciate it.

0 Upvotes