Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

BClendaniel

Updating accounts through Forms

SOLVE

Hubspot holds our lead generation as well as our active members and exmembers. When a member has notified us that they will be leaving, we want to track the departure process on their Hubspot accounts without making the member do anything. So...

I'm hoping to create a form for our staff to fill out on behalf of members, so that the details inputted on the form show up in the contact profile of the individual or on the company profile of the member. From what I can tell, the form functionality is primarily used for collecting data from leads, not to collect data about existing members. 

I'd like our staff to be able to fill out the fields and it send that form submission to our finance team to issue security deposits back. It also then shows up on the contact's profile indicating the form was submitted. Is there a different way I should try to accomplish this? Right now it shows up as if the member/contact filled out the form because their details are included in the submission. That's not what I want. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
CAnderson716
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BClendaniel, it seems the details of the form submission will show up on the contact's details no matter what. However, if you want to update property values of the company profile, then you could trigger a Workflow to happen from the form submission to then note when a member is leaving on the company profile. It may take some creativity to note which member on the company profile is leaving, but you could potentially note that with a property value and then update that using the workflow.

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 8.21.09 AM.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
CAnderson716
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @BClendaniel, it seems the details of the form submission will show up on the contact's details no matter what. However, if you want to update property values of the company profile, then you could trigger a Workflow to happen from the form submission to then note when a member is leaving on the company profile. It may take some creativity to note which member on the company profile is leaving, but you could potentially note that with a property value and then update that using the workflow.

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 8.21.09 AM.png