Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

ZChurney3
Contributor

Updating Historical Property Data and Scores to Align with New Scoring System

SOLVE

Hello everyone! So sorry to be blowing up these boards today! For those who have had to overhaul your existing Lead Scoring system, what would be the best way to go about updating historical data pertaining to property field values and scores en masse? Is this even feasible? In this case, a former scoring system became convoluted and inefficient and so we are creating a new one, now aligned with a proper scorecard and better thought out criteria. This new system will obviously impact future workflows and scores but how would one retroactively change data points, or is that not even recommended? I know HubSpot doesn't update historical data so I'm just curious how others would approach this. Thank you in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ZChurney3 

I would recommend the following if you have workflows, lists, etc. associated to the lead score.

1 - create a property to archive the score, like "pre-22 lead score" or "archived lead score"

2 - use a workflow to copy the current lead score into the new property

3 - update your lists, reports, and workflows to replace the lead score metric with the new property

4 - rebuild your lead score accordingly

5 - update your lists, reports, and workflows to reflect the new lead score

perhaps others have a better more streamlined approach, but this is what I would do to capture the old score and phase into the new score.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @ZChurney3 

I would recommend the following if you have workflows, lists, etc. associated to the lead score.

1 - create a property to archive the score, like "pre-22 lead score" or "archived lead score"

2 - use a workflow to copy the current lead score into the new property

3 - update your lists, reports, and workflows to replace the lead score metric with the new property

4 - rebuild your lead score accordingly

5 - update your lists, reports, and workflows to reflect the new lead score

perhaps others have a better more streamlined approach, but this is what I would do to capture the old score and phase into the new score.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ZChurney3,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I would like to add our subject matter experts to this conversation to see if they have any thoughts.

Hi @Jnix284@Mike_Eastwood@Aakar - Do you have any lead scoring recommendations for @ZChurney3

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !