Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Gea

Update lead status on google sheet when change is made on hubspot

Hi everyone!

I tried to create a workflow so that when the lead status on Hubspot is changed, the lead status will automatically change on Google Sheet, but it doesn't work. When I change the lead status on Hubspot, the status won't change in the sheet. How can I create a functioning workflow for this?

Thank you in advance 🙂

0 Upvotes
12 Replies 12
Whathcock
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi @Gea ,

Thanks for sharing those screenshots. I have a follow up question:

Is the contact being successfully enrolled in the workflow, but their status isn't being updated in the Google Sheet? Or are they not being enrolled in the workflow at all?

Here's how this workflow reads to me:

Anyone who has a campaign source of ppc_gartner and was created between 1/3/23 and 3/3/23 OR anyone who has a source of Paid search and was created between 1/3/23 and 3/3/23 will be enrolled in a workflow to push their lead status over to Google Sheets.

Nothing in the current setup suggests to me that that if you change the lead status of someone that they will then be enrolled and/or re-enrolled in the workflow - is that what you're hoping to have happen?

signature.png

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.
Gea

Yes, the contacts have been successfully enrolled in the workflow, but their status isn't being updated in the Google Sheet whenever a change happens on Hubspot. What I'm trying to achieve is for the contacts' lead status on Google Sheet's corresponding column to change whenever the status is changed on Hubspot.

For example, contact X has been enrolled in the workflow with lead status "NEW". So, on the google sheet I can see on the column "Lead Status", on contact X's row, that their status is "NEW". When I change contact X's status on Hubspot from "NEW" to "OPEN_DEAL", I would also like for the status to automatically change on Google Sheet, so that the Lead Status column will now display the status "OPEN_DEAL", but that doesn't happen. The status remains "NEW" on Google Sheet, even though the status is now different on Hubspot. I hope I was clear in my explanation. If not, please let me know!

I'm not sure how to set up a proper functioning workflow for what I'm trying to achieve

0 Upvotes
Whathcock

Thanks for explaining - that was super helpful!

Right now the workflow is only set up to execute actions once. You'll want to adjust your starting criteria (and re-enrollment criteria) to trigger the workflow every time a lead's status is updated.

I'd suggest trying to add the following filter to each of your OR triggers:

AND

Contact Property: Lead Status: Is Known

and then adjust your re-enrollment criteria to re-enroll contacts when lead status is known.

think this will accomplish what you're trying to do, but definitely suggest testing it out in your own portal!

signature.png

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.
0 Upvotes
Gea

Hi @Whathcock,

Thanks for your reply! I tried to use "Contact Property: Lead Status: Is Known" as re-enrollment criteria, and the re-enrollment works. The only problem is that it won't update the existing contact's lead status column in the sheet, but will just create another row of the same contact with the a new lead status. Is there a way to make it update the existing contact? Because otherwise I will have many contact duplicates in the sheet.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Whathcock

Hi @Gea ,

You'll want to change the action "Create new Google Sheets Row" to "Update data in a Google Sheet". You can find instructions for how to do that here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/add-data-to-google-sheets-with-workflows

signature.png

Whathcock

Hi @Gea,

Could you please share some screenshots of the workflow so we can help you troubleshoot?

Thanks!

signature.png 

0 Upvotes
Gea

Sure! Here's a screenshot of the workflow and of the re-enrollment settingsScreenshot_Workflow.pngScreenshot_Reenrollment.png

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

Can we see your workflow? The first thought that comes to my mind is whether the re-enrollment filter is setup correctly.

0 Upvotes
Gea

Sure! Here's a screenshot of the workflow and also a screenshot of the re-enrollment settingsScreenshot_Workflow.pngScreenshot_Reenrollment.png

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

There is no re-enrollment on your workflow currently other than manual. Add entry criteria that the Lead Status is known and use that for re-enrollment and it will trigger whenever that field is updated.

0 Upvotes
Gea

Hi @Ben_M,

Thanks for your reply! I tried to use "Contact Property: Lead Status: Is Known" as re-enrollment criteria, and the re-enrollment works. The only problem is that it won't update the existing contact's lead status column in the sheet, but will just create another row of the same contact with the a new lead status. Is there a way to make it update the existing contact? Because otherwise I will have many contact duplicates in the sheet.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

You will likely need to build this into 2 separate workflows because you cannot do an if/else on google sheets. So the initial workflow criteria should be insert, and the second workflow would be an update one with criteria to only enter and continue to update if they have been through the initial workflow.

0 Upvotes