Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

JW3
Contributor

Unable to enroll existing contacts in existing workflow - No Review page

SOLVE

I edited the enrollment criteria for an existing workflow, and I'd like it to enroll existing contacts that already meet these new criteria. However, at the bottom of the Enrollment triggers sidebar, the text under "Enroll existing contacts" now says "This setting has moved to the review page," and I don't see a review page for existing workflows. This is a new issue – I don't seem to be able to enroll existing contacts in updated workflows. 

How can I fix this? Is it a bug? Has this option moved somewhere else besides the Review page for existing workflows?

Details:

• The Review page shows up when I'm creating a new workflow, but not when I edit an old one.
  • When I first created this workflow, I did set it to enroll existing contacts, and it did enroll existing contacts. Now that I've updated the enrollment criteria, it seems to no longer be able to enroll existing contacts.
  • I know I could manually enroll contacts by creating a list, but my enrollment criteria is very complicated, and I have several workflows that need to be adjusted – this would be a tedious workaround. I'm hoping we can get the actual workflows up and running!
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Yea @JW3  Joanna, the process is a little convoluted now.

You'll need to temorarily TURN OFF your actively running workflow before the "Review" button will appear in the upper right corner. That button triggers the 'Review page'.

Change. Gotta love it. (head shaking) 😉

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Yea @JW3  Joanna, the process is a little convoluted now.

You'll need to temorarily TURN OFF your actively running workflow before the "Review" button will appear in the upper right corner. That button triggers the 'Review page'.

Change. Gotta love it. (head shaking) 😉

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
JW3
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you for the fast response! Do you know what happens to contacts that are currently enrolled in the workflow if I turn the workflow off? Will they remain in the workflow at the same place when I turn it back on? I don't want to interrupt users already going through the process.

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Basically, yes. Existing contacts ACTIVE in Contact Workflows will keep their place. HOWEVER, time does not stop once you turn off a Workflow. 
- see Turn off workflows

Also, when turning off Workflows, you'll be notified by HubSpot that there are Contacts ACTIVE in your Workflow.
- see image

HubSpot Contact Workflow Warning: Active ContactsHubSpot Contact Workflow Warning: Active Contacts

Of course, you'll want to test this for yourself on a 'baby Workflow' (depending on which type of workflows you're editing) just to be 1000% certain they're working the way you expect. 🙂

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
JW3
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you for your help!