Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

NatalieEadie
Participant

Triggering email send on back of of email

SOLVE

So.... I have an email and in that email are multiple links (7 in total). Of those 7 two need to trigger another email when clicked, so I have linked those out to landing pages saying the emails are on the way.

I have used the delay until event happens 'clicked link in email' and then I have added an if/then branch to see if they have clicked a specific link in the email to trigger the right email send.

The challenge is, even when someone is clicking the link and the 'delay until event happens' registers the link is clicked, it is not then triggering an email when it gets to the if/then branch. 

Any ideas how I do this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
NatalieEadie
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I ended up speaking to customer support and it turns out there is nothing wrong with the flow. I had set up goals and it removed people from the flow before the email could trigger. Once I removed the goal the workflow, responded perfectly.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
NatalieEadie
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I ended up speaking to customer support and it turns out there is nothing wrong with the flow. I had set up goals and it removed people from the flow before the email could trigger. Once I removed the goal the workflow, responded perfectly.

0 Upvotes
NatalieEadie
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten. I did check for exactly that.  2 people did click the link that should have triggered the email, but the email never triggered, that is what made me decide to reach out to the community. I have a larger campaign that is reliant on this logic and if it does not work I need to find a different way to trigger the emails on the back of emails.

I have attached multiple images from the campaign, I thought it would help if you can see the flow and that I tried to catch it multiple times.Screenshot 2020-11-11 at 12.59.15.png

Screenshot 2020-11-11 at 12.56.35.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing, @NatalieEadie!

Let's try to rule out a few possible reasons:

• When you say that email wasn't triggered, did the contact go down the 'correct' branch (yes) but email was not sent or did he or she go down the 'wrong' branch (no)?
  • Is there a chance that the contact clicked another link first before clicking one of the two that would trigger the email? If so, the first link click in the email would fast track then down to the first if/then section where they would go down the 'no' path – since the second click on one of the trigger links wouldn't be registered in time.
  • Have you tested this workflow on yourself (and if yes, how exactly)? Is it working for you?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
NatalieEadie
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Karl. It went down the wrong branch. I did the normal testing but it did not provide these insights. I sent 300 people through this workflow and I saw this issue. As I mentioned I want to send 6000 people through this workflow, so can't afford for it not to work. 

If the process I have put in place is not going to deliver the results I want and trigger the relevant emails, how do I go about this. The delay till link is clicked does not allow you to filter by which link. But I need people to sit till they click and a time delay does not work as I  need the email to trigger immediately. 

Any ideas would be helpful as to how I can rectify this.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @NatalieEadie,

I think that the delay until any link was clicked is causing the issue. It might also be a bug. To find out, you could either enlist the paid help of freelancers or agencies in the community. (I'd be happy to have a look, feel free to contact me through the email on my profile.) Alternatively you can file a support ticket for free, in-app or here. (With a Professional or Enterprise subscription, you get access to 1:1 support via email, phone or chat.)

To simplify the workflow and work around the 'Delay until', you could split this workflow into two/three. Workflow 1 sends the email (October 2020 | Insight Platforms Post | Lesson 2 Engagement | Email 8), workflow 2 enrolls contacts who have clicked CTA 1 and triggers an email, workflow 3 enrolls contacts who have clicked CTA 2 and triggers an email.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @NatalieEadie,

Your best approach for troubleshooting is checking the History tab of the workflow and filtering for the contacts (Select a contact dropdown) which you think should've received those trigger emails. Which actions and events is HubSpot showing for this particular contact? Can you have a look and report back?

A possible reason could be that the Delay until event happens is registering a link click – but it's not one of the 2 out of 7 that you designed a trigger email for. Is it possible that the contact clicked something else in the email? (Logo, manage preferences, social media icons etc.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes