Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

evelliQM
Participant

Trigger automation on Email CTA click?

SOLVE

Hi, I'm trying to create automation to notify sales reps whenever a contact views one of our ebooks. We currently provide the download link (post form submission) through an email with a CTA. I'd like to be able to trigger automation whenever that CTA is clicked, but it seems like email CTAs are not recognized by lists/workflows?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
evelliQM
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

It goes directly to the pdf, which is hosted on the HubSpot network, which unfortunately doesn't register as a page view either, so I can't reference that... 😄

I could however create a landing page for the email to link out to, and include a Download Now CTA on that LP to trigger the automation. I think that's what I'll do, unless you have any other ideas. Thanks for leading me toward that thought!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

CTA clicks in emails don't always register immediately. In some cases, we've seen it take hours.

HubSpot Smart List Criteria: CTA Clicks (in email)HubSpot Smart List Criteria: CTA Clicks (in email)

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @evelliQM,

In the active list function, there is a criteria specific to Calls-to-Action. You should be able to add people to that list based on that criteria and then enroll them in the workflow using the list membership criteria. 

CTA.png

Please let me know if you need some assistance with this. I'd be happy to help.

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

evelliQM
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Josh, I had tried that, but it doesn't register as clicked if the CTA was in an email.

0 Upvotes
Josh

SOLVE

Interesting. Does the link go directly to a PDF or to a landing page with the download link on it?

Also, is it possible to use the marketing email link click enrollment vs a CTA?

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
evelliQM
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

It goes directly to the pdf, which is hosted on the HubSpot network, which unfortunately doesn't register as a page view either, so I can't reference that... 😄

I could however create a landing page for the email to link out to, and include a Download Now CTA on that LP to trigger the automation. I think that's what I'll do, unless you have any other ideas. Thanks for leading me toward that thought!

0 Upvotes
Nynke_HM
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @evelliQM ,

In addition to the solution @Josh offered, you could use the 'Marketing email activity' criteria to filter anyone who clicks a link in one of your marketing emails.

This function should provide you with any link in the email, we use it a lot. For example in reminder emails when someone forgets to open the actual content offer after receiving a follow-up email.

As a list criteria it looks like this (I blurred some sensitive information from our customer) - you should use the option that is indicated by the orange arrow:

Community - Email marketing activity 1.pngCommunity - Email marketing activity 2.png

Hopefully this works for you too!

Kind regards,

Nynke

Smiley Very Happy Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution